Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Project Tiny 0.32 preview is available: UI & new Skinned Mesh Renderer -Blendshape sample

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by JC-Cimetiere, Jan 25, 2021.

1. echeg

echeg

Yes, but it was written in March. And here we already have April ends

newguy123 likes this.
  2. tonialatalo

tonialatalo

Yep. I take it to mean that 0.33 has been developed, is being developed, and will come out at some point.

3. RoughSpaghetti3211

RoughSpaghetti3211

4. echeg

echeg

I have been watching ECS from the very first preview versions. It really seems that the IPO has passed and now all this is not needed.
    In their last performances, they don't talk about it. Everything was gone from the packages. No compatibility with 2021 and so on.

5. tonialatalo

tonialatalo

They've posted info about the compatibility and roadmap with entities and Unity versions, it doesn't seem like they'd be dropping it.

6. echeg

echeg

And I'm not saying that it was dropped. This seems to have a low priority now.

tonialatalo likes this.
  7. amateurd

amateurd

Trying this for the first time in a while. Installed the latest package, downloaded the samples. I just get "Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.32.0-preview.54\Unity.Tiny.GameSave\GameSaveSystem.cs(203,13): error CS0103: The name 'GameSaveNativeCalls' does not exist in the current context" errors when trying to build, despite everything looking OK in the scene view and it does go into Play mode.

Any ideas?

8. djsell

djsell

Play mode is not supported, for one. Try to use Build & Run from the build configuration assets. Check the docs.

9. Armillary

Armillary

I've been working on writing a small project with this version of Project Tiny and I've noticed that the build seems to fail when both Unity.Tiny.UI and Unity.Tiny.2D are included in the same assembly definition for the build. The build process doesn't seem to author the libraries for Unity.Tiny.UI in this case but I can't seem to get an more in-depth information aside from that. I'm using 0.32 inside of 2020.1.9.

10. kragil

kragil

I really thought a lot about investing time into Tiny, but I am glad I didn't.

Looks really like neglected alpha software that will never go anywhere to be brutally honest.

11. GilCat

GilCat

This is sad because Tiny really has the foundations to be something that makes the difference. Sadly Unity is doing nothing to change that situation :(

graphicsayy97 likes this.
  12. tmars

tmars

seems the project is dead, no Unity team members for a while in this thread.

13. djsell

djsell

Yeah, I feel Tiny definitely has great potential. Unfortunately, I can't recommend anyone to use it, even just to try it out, in its current state - especially given the lack of communication from Unity.

The lack of communication is around DOTS in general, not just Tiny.

graphicsayy97 likes this.
  14. newguy123

newguy123

To me the communication was clear. Tiny will NOT get any public updates until they sort out the new DOTS workflow and get it working with 2022, which will only be towards the end of the year (which probably means early to mid next year)

15. djsell

djsell

The communication was clear? Please point me to where it was stated Tiny will not be receiving public updates until 2022 as you say. I totally missed that post.

The only thing I saw was that we will get a new release of Tiny around end of March, which we are still waiting on, and that Entities packages will remain on 2020 LTS for the foreseeable future.

Regardless of Entities not moving beyond 2020 LTS for now, Tiny can certainly still receive updates in the meantime. Nothing that has been announced is preventing them from doing so, and there is plenty of work to be done. Now, it may be the case that they are planning to change Entities so much that it doesn't make sense for them to continue developing Tiny on top of it until the redesign, but again, that has not been stated.

NotaNaN and tmars like this.
  16. jianhua928

jianhua928

Go home. Don't wait any longer. This project has been abandoned

dennin_unity likes this.
  17. warde

warde

:(:(:(

18. alexandre-fiset

alexandre-fiset

You may check more detailed answers from Unity in the DOTS Audio Thread. We're probably not going to see any Tiny update this year. Maybe some news, a roadmap or something, but a package update seems unlikely now... and who knows what Tiny will be next year.

19. Elringus

Elringus

Well, that explains a lot. Shame that we have to dig deep into forums to find out what's going on.

Kirsche likes this.
  20. DavidGiraldo7

DavidGiraldo7

The Minify Output with closure option still broken on 0.32?
    is there any other way to reduce the size of the HTML size?
    currently the tiny3d scene is giving me an output file of 2.8MB
    some ad providers limit for playable ads is 2MB, am i missing something?

Thanks in advance

21. lucasyalapysocorp

lucasyalapysocorp

22. tummygames

tummygames

did they stop working on this? No update 10 months?

23. Elringus

Elringus

24. Lein

Lein

Hope new version

25. JoNax97

JoNax97

No hope sorry

26. BinaryBanana

BinaryBanana

Any updates regarding new version and future of Unity Tiny?

Rangerz132 likes this.
  27. IsaacsUnity

IsaacsUnity

Unity Technologies

Hello folks, thank you for following Project Tiny and showing interest in it. While we recognize that many users have shared their interest in Project Tiny over the years, we've paused its development due to our pivot to prioritize incremental delivery of DOTS. This pivot is reflected by our quarterly releases of ECS-related packages, and our forum roadmap updates over the course of the year (Q4 2021, Q1 2022, Q2 2022 and Q3 2022).

As previously mentioned in our public roadmap, while a lightweight ECS runtime is valuable for our longer-term strategy, we're still in the midst of planning out a concrete, long-term strategy for DOTS Runtime, and more specifically Project Tiny.

I would also recommend checking out our latest roadmap updates from the Q3 2022 forum post, which indicate the areas that we plan to work on next.

Thaina likes this.
  28. VikiSystems

VikiSystems

Tutorial building tiny game from scratch ?

29. JoNax97

JoNax97

Project Tiny is dead.

30. Lein

Lein

It's dead, have to try anther tool such as cocos creator

phuocnbit likes this.