Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Project Tiny 0.32 preview is available: UI & new Skinned Mesh Renderer -Blendshape sample

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by JC-Cimetiere, Jan 25, 2021.

1. JC-Cimetiere

JC-Cimetiere

Unity Technologies

We have just published Project Tiny 0.32 preview which includes a few new features and bug fixes.
    As always, please visit the “Getting Started Guide” for important details, in particular system requirements & dependencies (this preview requires Unity 2020.1.17f1).
    Remember that the best way to experiment with Project Tiny is to start from the samples available at https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ProjectTinySamples.

Now, let’s take a look at the new features:

The major addition to this preview is the first iteration of UI for Project Tiny. The initial plan for UI was to deliver a subset of UI Toolkit (formerly known at UI Element) but we decided to postpone this approach and instead offer a more lightweight UI system inspired by Unity UI (UGUI). In this first version, UI for Project Tiny includes support for Image, Button, Text, Toggle, Sliders, Rect Transform and Canvas UI components. Note that this is not a complete UI system yet, see the documentation for more details on UI. The TinyRacing, TinyTime, TinyAquarium samples have been updated to use the UI system, so you can jump right there once you’ve read the doc.

There’s a few more new features:
    • Improved Tiny audio performance
    • Support for compressed audio playback
    • Support for Gradient ambient color
    • Game save system now includes data migration and Web support
    • Improved rendering settings for Android and iOS
    And bug fixes:
    • Fix an issue where audio stop playing after turning the screen off and on on iOS web builds
      Fix a Warning on Chrome if Unity.Tiny.Audio asmdef is referenced
    • Fix an issue where build and run does not save the current modified scene
    • Fix a bug in the frustum from cube function that was broken
    • Move build and conversion logs to the Unity project Logs folder
    • Fix a bug where modifying asmdef references doesn't update scene conversion
    • Make sure ScreenToWorld supports multi cameras
    • Failed to load Wasm if built as single html output
    • Improve the C# solution generation workflow
    • Fix a crash when using skinned mesh and blendshape on the same mesh
    • Support Android SDK 28
    New sample

With this preview we added a new sample demonstrating Skinned Mesh Renderer and Blendshape features in action:

The source of the projects are available along with the other samples at https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ProjectTinySamples/tree/master/BlendShapeDemo

And as a bonus we’ve updated the Tiny Physics Sample adding the character from the Skinned Mesh Sample, check it out:

Sharing feedback
    This forum is the best place to open discussions and ask questions. When you encounter a bug, please use the Unity Bug Reporter in the Unity Editor, accessible via Help > Report a Bug. Include “Project Tiny” in the title to help our staff triage things appropriately!
    For more details on how to report a bug, please visit this page.

Thanks again for your feedback and engagement!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  2. silverduck

silverduck

To copy paste parts of my comment from the .31 release thread because I was using .32 but this thread hadn't been created yet.

When I download the Sample projects on my Windows machine and Build+Run them in either Wasm or asmjs, my browser just says "ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE" (with the url as something like "http://localhost:8084/TinySpaceship.html") and I don't get any errors in the browser. How can I best troubleshoot this? I just tested it with TinyTime on my macbook and that was able to Build and Run with WASM successfully.

Additionally, does Tiny have any specific platform directives for when you're building for either web or Dotnet or other targets? I'm making interop javascript functions for web, but if I need to build to Windows DotNet when not on my macbook, I get errors saying, "System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL '__Internal'" OR! Maybe the better question would be where/what can I make that DotNet Builds and such would regard as DLL __Internal? I haven't seen any documentation for that in the context of Tiny.

3. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Make sure you have installed the system requirements in the getting started doc https://docs.google.com/document/d/...HfnAX-CpYLK3aOdwA/edit#heading=h.od6pqxv78b97

regarding, the interop javascript functions, check this section in the getting started doc
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/...HfnAX-CpYLK3aOdwA/edit#heading=h.6u7xyqroin5d

You can also use platform-specific defines if you don't want want to execute part of your code on some platforms
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/PlatformDependentCompilation.html

4. TerryGagosian

TerryGagosian

Is Unity Editor working on 0.32? Without editor support, edit and build iteration is too slow for me to develop.
    Glad to hear that supporting UI.

NotaNaN likes this.
  5. silverduck

silverduck

I've spent all day doing everything I can to make sure I meet the system requirements on my Windows machine. I've installed Windows 10 sdk. The editor is connected to Visual Studio 2019. I've installed every Desktop C++ and .Net module for VS2019 in the VS installer. I've restarted Unity, VS, and my computer more than a few times.(I don't know what Rider is)

Whenever I Build & Run for web, the builds are successful when Unity launches my browser, it just says..

This page isn’t working
    localhost sent an invalid response.

ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE

There is no log. There are no error messages. How would you recommend I troubleshoot this? I've tried multiple unaltered sample projects.

6. Thaina

Thaina

Not related to 0.32 but at the same time, tiny was brought down from here, which made me a little bit shocked

upload_2021-1-26_12-16-14.png

7. Thaina

Thaina

Also did this UI system support dynamic font and emoji?

8. Sarkahn

Sarkahn

Hey, so for no good reason I was hoping this new version might magically fix this bug that's preventing me from working on my Tiny game. Looks like it's still happening with the new version. Any chance it's being worked on or there's a workaround for now?

Also could someone please try to use the "GameSave" feature and just let me know if it actually works for them? I can't even import it into my game - with the new version of Tiny it still refuses to recognize that assembly, I just want confirmation that I'm not crazy.

NotaNaN likes this.
  9. silverduck

silverduck

I may have a clue as to why my Build & Run doesn't work but I don't know what to do about it. When it tries to Run the build and the browser pops up, Windows asks if I want to give permission to websocket_to_posix_proxy.exe and node
    I obviously agree to both and make sure to have permission for both private and public networks checked. But at this point the browser has already failed and refreshing does nothing. So I try and Build & Run again but now it fails because of the following error...

Build Wasm failed after 1.79m.
    (Telemetry reference: bRsfdRGoI2xtmKZg/A)
    error: Access to the path 'C:\Users\myname\Documents\UnityProjects\ProjectTinySamplesOlder\Tiny2D\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\node-win-x64\node.exe' is denied. (System.UnauthorizedAccessException)

At this point, when I close and reopen Unity and Build & Run again, it claims to succeed in both with no errors but the browser gives the error ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE

10. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Hey
    We are looking into the conversion issue although we were unable to really identify the issue
    but it seems there is a problem with the scene serialization in your project

Regarding the game save have you tried to include it into your game's asmdef?

upload_2021-1-26_10-39-3.png

Sarkahn likes this.
  11. Sarkahn

Sarkahn

12. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Sarkahn likes this.
  13. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Try to only build and use something like http-server https://www.npmjs.com/package/http-server to run it
    see if it works for you
    what is your browser? and are there any logs in the browser console window?

VikiSystems likes this.
  14. silverduck

silverduck

I can confirm that I am able to Build (without Run) and then setup a simple server and then play the game that way. The problem is only when I try to do Build & Run, which I think is important for rapid iteration (especially in the context of the upcoming global gamejam). When I encounter the problem my browser (Chrome) doesn't produce any logs or errors in its console and the only errors produced by Unity are the ones I described above.

15. mikestone24

mikestone24

I had this issue with gamesave when using the normal "build and run", instead of using assets->build->*platform* then build and run

16. tmars

tmars

17. slims

slims

Is this not available in the package manager? Also, it seems a DOTS Sprite2DRenderer is included according to https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.tiny@0.13/manual/module-core2d.html.

But I really don't want all this other stuff. I'm making a 3D games using DOTS and really need a component for sprite renderer. Why is the SpriteRenderer tied to this package? It should just be part of the main entities package.

18. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

Hello @slims,

The documentation you linked to is the Tiny 0.13 documentation. Make sure to press the View latest version button to see the latest information about the package.

Tiny 0.32 offers support for SpriteRenderer conversion. See this section in the getting started documentation for more information.

If you would like to use SpriteRenderers without Project Tiny, see this thread for more information in how you can make that happen. Also, do leave a comment in that thread if you have something to add to the discussion. We are interested in hearing from developers who would like to use 2D in DOTS, to learn more about their projects and their use cases.

19. vaccacc

vaccacc

in update 0.31 you mentioned that you're working on an http library.

Does that mean it will be possible to host client/server multiplayer games on websockets?

Will they be able to be hosted on HTTPS sites? As a follow-up, will there be support for UDP sockets (for realtime multiplayer) as well as TCP sockets?

Will this library work for wasm targets?

Finally, I'm curious about the timelines for this.

Thank you for your work.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  20. hzaninja

hzaninja

Can integrate Facebook instant games SDK in unity tiny? secondly, what about multiplayer options for Facebook instant games.

21. hzaninja

hzaninja

Will it be supporting facebook instant games build support? Also multiplayer feature for instant games.

22. maverick_unity3d

maverick_unity3d

How to fix this ?

Attached Files:

23. Vari-Mods

Vari-Mods

24. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

25. gtk2k

gtk2k

I would like you to move the content written in "Interaction with Browser Script" in the “Getting Started Guide” to the Unity Manual as it is.
    The Unity manual is less content.

26. maverick_unity3d

maverick_unity3d

upload_2021-2-25_23-54-20.png
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Build Wasm failed after 29.39s.
    2. Traceback (most recent call last):
    3.   File "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\emcc.py", line 42, in <module>
    4.     import emscripten
    5.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\emscripten.py", line 24, in <module>
    6.     from tools import building
    7.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\building.py", line 23, in <module>
    8.     from . import shared
    9.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 1801, in <module>
    10.     check_vanilla()
    11.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 713, in check_vanilla
    12.     is_vanilla = has_vanilla_targets()
    13.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 687, in has_vanilla_targets
    14.     targets = get_llc_targets()
    15.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 415, in get_llc_targets
    16.     llc_version_info = run_process([LLVM_COMPILER, '--version'], stdout=PIPE).stdout
    17.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 198, in run_process
    18.     proc = Popen(cmd, *args, **kw)
    19.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64_740e\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\lib\subprocess.py", line 382, in __init__
    20.     errread, errwrite), to_close = self._get_handles(stdin, stdout, stderr)
    21.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64_740e\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\lib\subprocess.py", line 515, in _get_handles
    22.     p2cread = self._make_inheritable(p2cread)
    23.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64_740e\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\lib\subprocess.py", line 566, in _make_inheritable
    24.     _subprocess.DUPLICATE_SAME_ACCESS)
    25. WindowsError: [Error 6] The handle is invalid
    26. [ 36/347    2s] C_WebGL_wasm artifacts/lib_unity_platforms_common/tiny3d-wasm/hk0b/dummy.o
    27. ##### CommandLine
    28. "artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64_740e\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\python.exe" "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\emcc.py" -D__webgl__ -Wno-warn-absolute-paths -Wno-c++11-extensions -Wno-nonportable-include-path -ffunction-sections -fno-unwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -fno-threadsafe-statics -s USE_PTHREADS=0 -std=c++11 -Werror -fvisibility=hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -DUNITY_WEBGL=1 -DBINDGEM_DOTS=1 -DENABLE_UNITY_COLLECTIONS_CHECKS -DENABLE_PROFILER -DBUILD_UNITY_PLATFORMS_COMMON=1 -DBASELIB_USE_DYNAMICLIBRARY=1 -DNDEBUG -I"." -I"D:/Game Project/Project Tiny/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.runtime@0.32.0-preview.54/bee~/cppsupport/include" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/nativejobs-all-public_99a9/Include" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/nativejobs-WebGL-public_0d02/Platforms/WebGL/Include" -I"D:/Game Project/Project Tiny/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.runtime@0.32.0-preview.54/LowLevelSupport~/Unity.LowLevel/cpp~/include" -o "artifacts/lib_unity_platforms_common/tiny3d-wasm/hk0b/dummy.o" -fcolor-diagnostics -fdiagnostics-absolute-paths -c -xc++ "D:/Game Project/Project Tiny/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.runtime@0.32.0-preview.54/bee~/cppsupport/dummy.cpp"
    29. ##### Custom Environment Variables
    30. EM_CACHE=D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-cache-1.39.17
    31. EM_CONFIG=D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-config-1.39.17.py
    32. EMSDK_PYTHON=D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64_740e\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\python.exe
    33. EMCC_SKIP_SANITY_CHECK=1
    34. ##### ExitCode
    35. 1
    36. ##### Output
    37. Traceback (most recent call last):
    38.   File "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\emcc.py", line 42, in <module>
    39.     import emscripten
    40.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\emscripten.py", line 24, in <module>
    41.     from tools import building
    42.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\building.py", line 23, in <module>
    43.     from . import shared
    44.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 1801, in <module>
    45.     check_vanilla()
    46.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 713, in check_vanilla
    47.     is_vanilla = has_vanilla_targets()
    48.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 687, in has_vanilla_targets
    49.     targets = get_llc_targets()
    50.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 415, in get_llc_targets
    51.     llc_version_info = run_process([LLVM_COMPILER, '--version'], stdout=PIPE).stdout
    52.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 198, in run_process
    53.     proc = Popen(cmd, *args, **kw)
    54.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64_740e\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\lib\subprocess.py", line 382, in __init__
    55.     errread, errwrite), to_close = self._get_handles(stdin, stdout, stderr)
    56.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64_740e\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\lib\subprocess.py", line 515, in _get_handles
    57.     p2cread = self._make_inheritable(p2cread)
    58.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64_740e\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\lib\subprocess.py", line 566, in _make_inheritable
    59.     _subprocess.DUPLICATE_SAME_ACCESS)
    60. WindowsError: [Error 6] The handle is invalid
    61. [ 38/347    0s] C_WebGL_wasm artifacts/lib_unity_platforms_common/tiny3d-wasm/83zz/macOSWrapper.o
    62. ##### CommandLine
    63. "artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64_740e\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\python.exe" "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\emcc.py" -D__webgl__ -Wno-warn-absolute-paths -Wno-c++11-extensions -Wno-nonportable-include-path -ffunction-sections -fno-unwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -fno-threadsafe-statics -s USE_PTHREADS=0 -std=c++11 -Werror -fvisibility=hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -DUNITY_WEBGL=1 -DBINDGEM_DOTS=1 -DENABLE_UNITY_COLLECTIONS_CHECKS -DENABLE_PROFILER -DBUILD_UNITY_PLATFORMS_COMMON=1 -DBASELIB_USE_DYNAMICLIBRARY=1 -DNDEBUG -I"." -I"D:/Game Project/Project Tiny/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.runtime@0.32.0-preview.54/bee~/cppsupport/include" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/nativejobs-all-public_99a9/Include" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/nativejobs-WebGL-public_0d02/Platforms/WebGL/Include" -I"D:/Game Project/Project Tiny/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.runtime@0.32.0-preview.54/LowLevelSupport~/Unity.LowLevel/cpp~/include" -o "artifacts/lib_unity_platforms_common/tiny3d-wasm/83zz/macOSWrapper.o" -fcolor-diagnostics -fdiagnostics-absolute-paths -c -xc++ "D:/Game Project/Project Tiny/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms.macos@0.10.0-preview.10/Runtime/Unity.Tiny.macOS/cpp~/macOSWrapper.cpp"
    64. ##### Custom Environment Variables
    65. EM_CACHE=D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-cache-1.39.17
    66. EM_CONFIG=D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-config-1.39.17.py
    67. EMSDK_PYTHON=D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64_740e\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\python.exe
    68. EMCC_SKIP_SANITY_CHECK=1
    69. ##### ExitCode
    70. 1
    71. ##### Output
    72. Traceback (most recent call last):
    73.   File "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\emcc.py", line 42, in <module>
    74.     import emscripten
    75.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\emscripten.py", line 24, in <module>
    76.     from tools import building
    77.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\building.py", line 23, in <module>
    78.     from . import shared
    79.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 1801, in <module>
    80.     check_vanilla()
    81.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 713, in check_vanilla
    82.     is_vanilla = has_vanilla_targets()
    83.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 687, in has_vanilla_targets
    84.     targets = get_llc_targets()
    85.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 415, in get_llc_targets
    86.     llc_version_info = run_process([LLVM_COMPILER, '--version'], stdout=PIPE).stdout
    87.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 198, in run_process
    88.     proc = Popen(cmd, *args, **kw)
    89.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64_740e\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\lib\subprocess.py", line 382, in __init__
    90.     errread, errwrite), to_close = self._get_handles(stdin, stdout, stderr)
    91.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64_740e\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\lib\subprocess.py", line 515, in _get_handles
    92.     p2cread = self._make_inheritable(p2cread)
    93.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64_740e\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\lib\subprocess.py", line 566, in _make_inheritable
    94.     _subprocess.DUPLICATE_SAME_ACCESS)
    95. WindowsError: [Error 6] The handle is invalid
    96. [ 39/347    0s] C_WebGL_wasm artifacts/lib_unity_platforms_common/tiny3d-wasm/449t/WindowsWrapper.o
    97. ##### CommandLine
    98. "artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64_740e\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\python.exe" "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\emcc.py" -D__webgl__ -Wno-warn-absolute-paths -Wno-c++11-extensions -Wno-nonportable-include-path -ffunction-sections -fno-unwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -fno-threadsafe-statics -s USE_PTHREADS=0 -std=c++11 -Werror -fvisibility=hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -DUNITY_WEBGL=1 -DBINDGEM_DOTS=1 -DENABLE_UNITY_COLLECTIONS_CHECKS -DENABLE_PROFILER -DBUILD_UNITY_PLATFORMS_COMMON=1 -DBASELIB_USE_DYNAMICLIBRARY=1 -DNDEBUG -I"." -I"D:/Game Project/Project Tiny/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.runtime@0.32.0-preview.54/bee~/cppsupport/include" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/nativejobs-all-public_99a9/Include" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/nativejobs-WebGL-public_0d02/Platforms/WebGL/Include" -I"D:/Game Project/Project Tiny/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.runtime@0.32.0-preview.54/LowLevelSupport~/Unity.LowLevel/cpp~/include" -o "artifacts/lib_unity_platforms_common/tiny3d-wasm/449t/WindowsWrapper.o" -fcolor-diagnostics -fdiagnostics-absolute-paths -c -xc++ "D:/Game Project/Project Tiny/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms.windows@0.10.0-preview.10/Runtime/Unity.Tiny.Windows/cpp~/WindowsWrapper.cpp"
    99. ##### Custom Environment Variables
    100. EM_CACHE=D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-cache-1.39.17
    101. EM_CONFIG=D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-config-1.39.17.py
    102. EMSDK_PYTHON=D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64_740e\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\python.exe
    103. EMCC_SKIP_SANITY_CHECK=1
    104. ##### ExitCode
    105. 1
    106. ##### Output
    107. Traceback (most recent call last):
    108.   File "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\emcc.py", line 42, in <module>
    109.     import emscripten
    110.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\emscripten.py", line 24, in <module>
    111.     from tools import building
    112.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\building.py", line 23, in <module>
    113.     from . import shared
    114.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 1801, in <module>
    115.     check_vanilla()
    116.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 713, in check_vanilla
    117.     is_vanilla = has_vanilla_targets()
    118.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 687, in has_vanilla_targets
    119.     targets = get_llc_targets()
    120.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 415, in get_llc_targets
    121.     llc_version_info = run_process([LLVM_COMPILER, '--version'], stdout=PIPE).stdout
    122.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten-win\tools\shared.py", line 198, in run_process
    123.     proc = Popen(cmd, *args, **kw)
    124.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64_740e\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\lib\subprocess.py", line 382, in __init__
    125.     errread, errwrite), to_close = self._get_handles(stdin, stdout, stderr)
    126.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64_740e\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\lib\subprocess.py", line 515, in _get_handles
    127.     p2cread = self._make_inheritable(p2cread)
    128.   File "D:\Game Project\Project Tiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64_740e\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\lib\subprocess.py", line 566, in _make_inheritable
    129.     _subprocess.DUPLICATE_SAME_ACCESS)
    130. WindowsError: [Error 6] The handle is invalid
    131. *** Bee build failed (3.64 seconds), 7 items updated, 38 evaluated
    132. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
    133. Unity.Build.ResultBase:LogResult() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.10.0-preview.10/Editor/Unity.Build/ResultBase.cs:65)
    134. Unity.Build.Editor.<>c:<.cctor>b__34_0(BuildConfiguration) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.10.0-preview.10/Editor/Unity.Build.Editor/BuildConfigurationInspector.cs:42)
    135. Unity.Build.Editor.<>c__DisplayClass30_0:<Build>b__1() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.10.0-preview.10/Editor/Unity.Build.Editor/BuildConfigurationInspector.cs:128)
    136. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  27. mr-andersons

mr-andersons

Hey! I just found out about this project. Looks cool.
    I currently have a WebGL project built in Unity with a simple 3D model viewer and some buttons that animate some parts of the model and am looking for ways to speed up the load time.

I realize this might sound too simplistic, but will I be able to convert my project to this Tiny version?

Just wanted to ask this before I dig more into this :) Thanks

28. JGameMaker92

JGameMaker92

It sucks we have to wait for them to rebuild the entire Unity game engine from scratch just to be able to create somewhat decent mobile web browser games. I still can't even figure out how to use it either it seems pretty counterintuitive. Still waiting for it to get better.. but like.. we needed this done months ago

tonialatalo and CocosGames like this.
  29. ben-rasooli

ben-rasooli

Thanks for your efforts.

Have you guys had any chance to build and run the Tiny projects on the new Apple M1 chips?

I do everything identical on my Intel chip Mac and Windows machines and it works perfectly fine but on my new M1 CPU I get the following error when I try to generate the DOTS C# Solution:
    Generate DOTS C# Solution failed.
    Process terminated. Infinite recursion during resource lookup within System.Private.CoreLib. This may be a bug in System.Private.CoreLib, or potentially in certain extensibility points such as assembly resolve events or CultureInfo names. Resource name: Arg_AccessViolationException
    at System.Environment.FailFast(System.String)
    at System.SR.InternalGetResourceString(System.String)
    at System.SR.GetResourceString(System.String, System.String)
    at System.AccessViolationException..ctor()
    at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.FilterCustomAttributeRecord(System.Reflection.MetadataToken, System.Reflection.MetadataImport ByRef, System.Reflection.RuntimeModule, System.Reflection.MetadataToken, System.RuntimeType, Boolean, ListBuilder`1<System.Object> ByRef, System.RuntimeType ByRef, System.IRuntimeMethodInfo ByRef, Boolean ByRef, Boolean ByRef)
    at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.AddCustomAttributes(ListBuilder`1<System.Object> ByRef, System.Reflection.RuntimeModule, Int32, System.RuntimeType, Boolean, ListBuilder`1<System.Object>)
    at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(System.Reflection.RuntimeModule, Int32, Int32, System.RuntimeType)
    at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly, System.RuntimeType)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetCustomAttributes(System.Type, Boolean)
    at System.Attribute.GetCustomAttributes(System.Reflection.Assembly, System.Type, Boolean)
    at System.Attribute.GetCustomAttribute(System.Reflection.Assembly, System.Type, Boolean)
    at System.Reflection.CustomAttributeExtensions.GetCustomAttribute[[System.__Canon, System.Private.CoreLib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e]](System.Reflection.Assembly)
    at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GetNeutralResourcesLanguage(System.Reflection.Assembly, System.Resources.UltimateResourceFallbackLocation ByRef)
    at System.Resources.ResourceManager.CommonAssemblyInit()
    at System.Resources.ResourceManager..ctor(System.Type)
    at System.SR.get_ResourceManager()
    at System.SR.InternalGetResourceString(System.String)
    at System.SR.GetResourceString(System.String, System.String)
    at System.AccessViolationException..ctor()
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[System.__Canon, System.Private.CoreLib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e],[System.__Canon, System.Private.CoreLib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e]].TryGetValue(System.__Canon, System.__Canon ByRef)
    at System.AppContext.GetData(System.String)
    at System.AppContext.get_BaseDirectory()
    at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CommandLine.BuildClient.Run(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.String>, Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CommandLine.RequestLanguage, Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CommandLine.CompileFunc)
    at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.CommandLine.Program.MainCore(System.String[])
    at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.CommandLine.Program.Main(System.String[])
    *** buildprogrambuildprogram build failed (0.24 seconds), 1 items updated, 7 evaluated

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    Unity.Entities.Runtime.Build.GenerateDotsSolutionView:RunBeeProjectFiles(BuildProgress) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.runtime@0.32.0-preview.54/Unity.Entities.Runtime.Build.Editor/GenerateDotsSolution.cs:933)
    Unity.Entities.Runtime.Build.GenerateDotsSolutionView:GenerateSolution() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.runtime@0.32.0-preview.54/Unity.Entities.Runtime.Build.Editor/GenerateDotsSolution.cs:912)
    Unity.Entities.Runtime.Build.GenerateDotsSolutionWindow:OnGUI() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.runtime@0.32.0-preview.54/Unity.Entities.Runtime.Build.Editor/GenerateDotsSolution.cs:80)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)

30. tonialatalo

tonialatalo

Tiny may work for that, if the restrictions are not a problem for you. The examples show how to make GUI, scene control logic like model spawning and all. It can be fine to do if it's a simple standalone thing that does not need networking and don't have a complex already made Unity GUI and logic, but just a little UI and code that you can port over to Tiny's API.

Note that the renderer and visuals are more limited too. And you need to learn how to DOTS.

31. ViCoX

ViCoX

Why not use something like React for UI? Why reinvent the wheel?

32. tonialatalo

tonialatalo

You can use React if you want, but with Unity it can be nice to do the both the scene and GUI in Unity.

33. Thaina

Thaina

@tonialatalo I think the meaning is, we should reuse some existing standard UI system to describe UI in unity

It don't mean we need to integrate it directly in unity. But it should just compatible as much as it could

As for me I prefer angular. But all in all I think unity needlessly reinventing the wheel with UI for so many versions. While we actually already have HTML/CSS system that could do everything about UI. And unity should just converting HTML/CSS to gameobject or anything underlyingly

34. K701UserMan

K701UserMan

May I ask?
    I knew how to call JavaScript in Tiny Unity, but as a callback, I wanted to call a function with a CS file, so I wrote the following program, but it didn't work. What should be specified for the first argument Object in the idea of ECS? Or is there another way?
    unityInstance.SendMessage (Object, Function, callback_datum);

35. tonialatalo

tonialatalo

Right, I get that, thanks for the elaboration.

I would actually like the opposite: for me it's fine to do simple GUI layouts with Unity UI and the layout boxes etc, but I've been thinking of a backend impl of Unity UI for Web builds, that would actually use HTML & CSS, instead of WebGL. Then the 3D scene would be WebGL, but you could copy-paste text out of info boxes in the GUI etc like normally on the web, also resizing text by the user would work. This is not for games but for city planning and such applications.

I'm not conviced that the DOM & CSS is the best standard, and between others like React, Angular, .NET something and what else, I'm not sure how they could pick the right one. Sure is worth consideration and maybe even DOM & CSS is good now with the flexboxes and what not so that it could make sense. Unity UI is AFAIK open source BTW and written in C#, is on github as a separate project.

Regarding Tiny, my understanding is that the UI lib there has been made within the constraints of Tiny that it has for size and performance. Am not surprised if the Tiny devs would be horrified about implementing HTML & CSS support there. Then again when targeting Web browsers, the implementation for those is already there, just not for the same canvas where Unity draws, but that might be ok.

36. Thaina

Thaina

@tonialatalo I don't mean that unity should use HTML/CSS engine in their system instead of webgl. I mean unity should read HTML/CSS and convert them to unity system, in webgl or anything

I mean that we might just write this below string in the asset file

Code (CSharp):
    2. <div name="GameObject0">
    3.     <button name="Button1" onclick="CallMyFunction" />
    4. </div>
    And when unity read it. It will become GameObject button with UI in the canvas. Can be styled the gameobject with css and so on

It not related to actual html/css engine that written in any language. It's about the capability that unity UI can be convert from and to standard markup language that everyone used. Unity itself can be another html engine but output in 3D. And so we can write UI with reusing web knowledge

37. tmars

tmars

@AbdulAlgharbi two months passed since the 0.32 release, any ideas on 0.33 release dates?

38. tonialatalo

tonialatalo

I would hate that. I've written HTML since 1993, Javascript also since it came in the '90s, and honestly one of the reasons I use Unity today is that I find the UI system is much nicer for authoring GUIs than HTML+CSS. Which are fine for writing text documents with markup and links.

Anyway, you can do that yourself if you want - just write such a converter and use it, maybe others want it too, perhaps you can sell it in the asset store.

Maras likes this.
  39. Thaina

Thaina

Then what you think about UXML though? It closer to html/css than current unity UI system

40. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

We are finalizing the release
    Should be ready by end of this month

NotaNaN, V_i_T, TerryGagosian and 4 others like this.
  41. tonialatalo

tonialatalo

Hadn't heard of it.

42. jianhua928

jianhua928

Hello,everyone
    I want to know when I can start the public beta version of 1. x?

43. djsell

djsell

At this rate 3+ years.

Unity Entities doesn't even have a 1.0 in sight yet, and a roadmap from a couple years ago said it would be 2020.1

44. Thaina

Thaina

tonialatalo likes this.
  45. Yijiankeji

Yijiankeji

when to support arfoundation?

Edoh likes this.
  46. TerryGagosian

TerryGagosian

Is there any update about Tiny 0.33?

halftone1860 and Elringus like this.
  47. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

No updates yet
    We will keep you posted once we are ready to release the packages

NotaNaN, TerryGagosian and Thaina like this.
  48. djsell

djsell

tonialatalo and ben-rasooli like this.
  49. echeg

echeg

50. tonialatalo

tonialatalo

They said there will be 0.33 soon: "We are finalizing the release Should be ready by end of this month", a bit above in this thread.

That announcement was somehow unclear, but this clarification in the thread there is one way to read it and it seems to make sense - that would indicate that there may be Entities 0.18 and who knows how many versions, that run on 2020 LTS, and Tiny could then advance with those to 0.34 etc. But am not sure.

Deleted User likes this.