Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Project Tiny 0.31 preview is available

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by JC-Cimetiere, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Sarkahn

Sarkahn

Yup I did. But I can't even try to build it since it gives me that compiler error, but as it shows in the screenshot I was able to include Tiny.Core no problem.

2. _watcher_

_watcher_

Why not iOS 9 support for web content (WKWebView)? Any plans to add support later?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  3. Sarkahn

Sarkahn

@AbdulAlgharbi any ideas on what might be wrong here? I tried the obvious things I could think of, restarting, deleting my library/temp folders, including the assembly directly in the "root" assembly, it just won't work.

Looking at the GameSave assembly it looks like it has a couple broken references, could that be causing this?

Unity_8QS80L57Gi.png

4. _watcher_

_watcher_

Tried first build!

Results:
    1) Tiny3D: hit 'Build/Asmjs/Build and Run', and hmmm...
    tiny-01.png
    After it finished, all looked ok in the browser :)

2) After that, i hit 'Build/Asmjs/Build and Run' again, to see how long a cached Build takes...
    After 1 minute, it gives this (error1):
    tiny-02.png
    :confused:

project: Tiny3D (https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ProjectTinySamples)
    platform: Asmjs
    package: Tiny Project Full 0.31.0
    unity: Unity 2020.1.17f1

EDIT1: Restarted Unity, and now it seems to work correctly, tested 3x in a row 'Build and Run' (so only fresh compilation and secondary B&R triggers it)
    EDIT2: Sometimes it fails with that error, sometimes it runs without error. I'm changing some Inspector values, that's about it.
    EDIT3: Also i've got some problems getting SDK 28 to work for Android (my Unity install uses SDK 29), so i can't test Android (getting errors), and i really really require some additional guidance on how to 'downgrade' properly, but i understand this has nothing to do with Unity, so.. anyways anyone wants to write a tutorial??? :rolleyes: Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  5. JumpingGuy

JumpingGuy

Quick question.. Does project Tiny work with Unity 2020.2.2f1?

I don't see it in the Package Manager? Where can I download it via GitHub as suggested?

Also, will I be able to use Cinemachine with Project Tiny?

I'm looking forward to trying it out. Thanks.

6. deus0

deus0

When will Linux make it out of experimental :)
    Also to the above, add com.unity.tiny git url to packages.
    Edit: Also one of the selling points is that Tiny is modular and lightweight, but any chance that regular unity will be more modular? After removing packages from in built, we still get around 26mb unity engine DLL. I'm wondering if theres a way to remove it as well since I mostly use DOTS.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    NotaNaN and JumpingGuy like this.
  7. JD_Designer

JD_Designer

You can find all of the missing packages here.

JumpingGuy and deus0 like this.
  8. djsell

djsell

upload_2021-1-22_12-47-8.png

Is it ready for use?

9. Nyanpas

Nyanpas

Perhaps a dumb question but looking at the requirementes etc. in the "Getting started"-guide is see that the WebGL is still involved for the web platform part. Does this mean this is not multithreaded for the web, or simply that the renderer is using WebGL and the logic remains parallel within the jobs ecosystem?

10. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Well, you found our secret!
    We are currently updating the samples so hold on till Monday when we will make the official announcement ;)

By default our WASM builds are single-threaded.
    Currently, not all browser/platforms support multi-threading WASM.
    We have multi-threading WASM in tiny but it's still under development and not officially supported.
    You can enable it from the build config and try it out (it's not guaranteed to work)

tonialatalo, NotaNaN, V_i_T and 4 others like this.
  11. JumpingGuy

JumpingGuy

Can someone point me to the best / most up to date "getting started" / step by step guide to using project Tiny?
    (if it exists?)

12. brunocoimbra

brunocoimbra

Just look at the first post, all the information is there.

JumpingGuy likes this.
  13. JumpingGuy

JumpingGuy

Thanks so much!
    I'll read through the "Getting started" doc thoroughly.

14. silverduck

silverduck

When I download the Sample projects on my Windows machine and Build+Run them in either Wasm or asmjs, my browser just says "ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE" (with the url as something like "http://localhost:8084/TinySpaceship.html") and I don't get any errors in the browser. How can I best troubleshoot this? I've tried it with both the .32 and .31 versions. I believe .29 worked on my macbook. Should I just keep trying older versions?

Also, it breaks my heart now that playing in the editor is completely disabled now. I'm trying to prepare for using Tiny in the upcoming global gamejam and that will likely make things very tricky.

cultureulterior likes this.
  15. silverduck

silverduck

I have a related follow-up question/note. I've successfully called my first Javascript function from a Tiny game's c# after making a wasm build and starting it on a server... but if I try a Windows DotNet Build or Build and run, I get the error

"System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL '__Internal'"

This makes sense I suppose and wouldn't be a problem except that due to other constraints, Build & Run with Windows DotNet seems to be the only option for quick iteration builds or even plays.

Ultimately the purpose of the interop calls will be to hopefully interact with a websockets server.

So my questions are...
    1. What platform dependent tag things can I use with Tiny to make it so I can at least exclude stuff when I'm working on other parts of the game and using WindowsDotNet Build&Run to quickly iterate? If there is guidance on this elsewhere I missed it.

2. Is it possible to replicate the kind of Interop/websocket stuff I'm trying to do with web builds... also on the dotnet builds. This isn't entirely necessary since the final product is meant for web but for purposes of rapid interation it may be nice to have for the aforementioned reasons.

I apologize if any of this is either obvious or nonsensical. I am figuring this out as I go.

16. djsell

djsell

I haven't tried, but I would expect the normal platform directives apply.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/PlatformDependentCompilation.html

silverduck likes this.
  17. prabhukaran

prabhukaran

Hi,
    How to install "Project Tiny" package? I have installed Unity 2020.1.17f1 and created a project with URP template. But unable to find the Project Tiny package in Package Manager (selected Preview Packages option). Someone please help on this.

18. GilCat

GilCat

prabhukaran likes this.