Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Project Tiny 0.31 preview is available

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by JC-Cimetiere, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Emphy

Emphy

I'm trying to run TinySpaceship just by loading the TinySpaceship scene but it doesn't seem to really work. If I enable the Main Camera and Subscene it helps a bit but the screen is empty on play and I get this:

InvalidOperationException: GetSingleton<Unity.Tiny.DisplayInfo>() requires that exactly one Unity.Tiny.DisplayInfo exist that match this query, but there are 0.

Also the Tiny2D doesn't work. Maybeee because I'm on 1.12 and not 1.10 but I kinda... doubt it?

Edit: I am sorry to have read over this in the docs :)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  2. Thaina

Thaina

Seem like humanoid avatar really are not supported. And I can't see this mention in the guide

I could change import setting for the fbx into generic animation in the meantime. But will this feature be supported in future version tiny ?

3. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

We have mentioned it a couple of times in different post and we also have it in our Getting started guide, but it is worth reiterating, Starting with preview 0.28, the Play-in-Editor (in Game view via DOTS Hybrid mode) is no longer supported and will be replaced in the future with an embedded DOTS Runtime player taking over and replacing the Game view.

4. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    We don't support humanoid. change the animation type to Generic and it should work with tiny

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    Thaina likes this.
  5. CocosGames

CocosGames

You shoud pin this up.

Thaina likes this.
  6. msfredb7

msfredb7

Any ETA on collision responses for 2D Physics? Is this feature in the range of a few weeks ? Few months ? Or Years?

My team is investigating potential physics techs for our project.

dannyalgorithmic likes this.
  7. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

We currently do not have an ETA on collision response in 2D Physics. We will let you all know as soon as we have more to share in this area.

SINePrime and msfredb7 like this.
  8. TerryGagosian

TerryGagosian

I've been trying to make Facebook Playable ads via Unity Tiny project.
    Finally, I was able to upload Playable ads in .zip file and got this message.

facebook.png

It's saying that
    • Playable should not make any HTTP request. For example, "XMLHttpRequest" is not allowed.
    I found that XMLHttpRequest functions were used at Runtime.html, Runtime.js.

Do you have any plans to replace XMLHttpRequest calls in Web-Wasm build?
    Without replacing XMLHttpRequest I couldn't meet Facebook Playable Ads specification.

Currenty, using Tiny to build Playable Ads cannot satisfy minimum requirements for major Ads platforms such as Google Admob and Facebook.

9. tonialatalo

tonialatalo

Did you use the option to build a single file HTML app? I think not, because you have runtime.js.

So the fix is to build a single file web app, those platforms are the reason why Tiny has support for such builds.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  10. TerryGagosian

TerryGagosian

Hi, tonialatalo thanks for the reply.
    I've also tried single html build.
    However, if you try to build with the clean empty project such as "2D-Entities-Starter" the output single HTML file is nearly 2MB.
    For the Facebook HTML5 Playable Ads Assets there is 2MB restriction.
    • The file size should be less than 2MB.
    So, you couldn't do any job with single HTML file output.

11. tonialatalo

tonialatalo

Was that release mode, minified and all?

12. TerryGagosian

TerryGagosian

Ummm, yes.
    Project Tiny 0.31, Unity 2020.1.11f1
    Tiny2D project from unity (almost empty project with one hexagon sprite and rotation script)
    produces Tiny2D.html (2.4MB)

스크린샷 2020-11-25 오전 10.28.55.png

13. CocosGames

CocosGames

Does Facebook support pre-gzip files or something like that?

14. TerryGagosian

TerryGagosian

yes, Facebook Playable ads support zip files.
    • The total size of uploaded files may not exceed 5MB.
    • The number of files inside the bundle may not exceed 100.
    • The size of index.html file should not exceed 2MB.
    • Playable should not make any HTTP request. For example, "XMLHttpRequest" is not allowed.
    and limitations were lot less strict than single html5 assets.
    So, I was working on with .zip files but Unity Tiny output build uses "XMLHttpRequest".

tonialatalo likes this.
  15. Surreal

Surreal

InvalidOperationException: GetSingleton<TinyKitchen.SettingsSingleton>() requires that exactly one TinyKitchen.SettingsSingleton exist that match this query, but there are 0.

Getting this error trying to run the TinyKitchen scene

16. optimise

optimise

Hi @JC-Cimetiere. Does this latest Project Tiny 0.31 supports video playback? If I understand correctly, the very old version of Project Tiny already support video playback.

17. tonialatalo

tonialatalo

Don't press the normal Play button, it's not supported.

Instead, use the inspector to view the platform specific build config assets in Build/ and press run from there (see the attached screensnap). First build takes a bit but it's very quick to update then after changes.

This is all in the nice Getting Started doc, but apparently many people miss it. Maybe Tiny projects could include some hack to detect when the normal Play button is pressed, and display a helpful info note. I guess some day it will be integrated to the UI better. It seems that the build conf assets are nice tech so I guess the old play button will be gone and the new tech put to the UI somehow.

Attached Files:

18. JC-Cimetiere

JC-Cimetiere

Unity Technologies

No, video playback is not supported yet. It's on the backlog but not scheduled yet.

optimise likes this.
  19. Surreal

Surreal

can't build it either -- on 2020.1.10 getting this error

IL2CPP error for method 'System.Void TinyKitchen.DisplayArrow::OnUpdate()' in DisplayArrow.cs:12
    Additional information: Invalid global variables count (Parameter 'globalVariables')

20. Surreal

Surreal

Getting n even earlier error complaining about UnityEditor in one of the inspector scripts, which I've dealt with by deleting the inspector script

this is building for WebGL

Is WebGL not supported? My goal in using something like Tiny is to create fast loading HTML5 minigames --

21. illia_kuprin

illia_kuprin

Is there PostProcessBuild functionality in 0.31?

22. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Can you submit a bug report for this issue? It sounds like something that we should correct.

23. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

No we don't support post-processing yet in tiny

24. tonialatalo

tonialatalo

WebGL is supported and works, just use the build asset inspector GUI to do the build, not the normal Unity build GUI.

25. Yijiankeji

Yijiankeji

when will tiny support ui system? and webar ?

26. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

UI support is coming in Tiny 0.32 early Jan
    WebAR is in development but there is no release date for it yet

Thimo_, Occuros, kienbb and 7 others like this.
  27. Le-Tuan-Son

Le-Tuan-Son

Hi, can we use Tiny Without DOTS?

28. newguy123

newguy123

Now that would be lovely!

29. nhanc18

nhanc18

Hi, How do i use MonoBehaviour ?

Attached Files:

30. GilCat

GilCat

You can only use MonoBehaviour on your "Authoring" folder, which is the folder that contains an Assembly Definition Asset with a reference to UnityEngine

nhanc18 likes this.
  31. nhanc18

nhanc18

Thanks GilCat, i'll try it tonight.

32. Curly_chlorophytum

Curly_chlorophytum

33. nhanc18

nhanc18

Hi GilCat. It's worked. But after read the document, I found that I need to create a asmdef for the Authoring folder as well. Thank you very much.

But Project Tiny have given me another disappointment.

Attached Files:

34. GilCat

GilCat

What seems to be the disappointment?

35. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

36. nhanc18

nhanc18

Honestly, I know Tiny team are working hard. But learning Tiny is very difficult now. This is one of the few times that I post a question on the forum, because I'm afraid to bother anyone about my problems.
    I still have a lot of questions about DOTS and Tiny, but not much documentation about them. Even the tutorials, videos, ... on the internet about DOTS, Tiny were a year ago.
    And my level is not enough to fully understand "raw" DOTS API without how-to-use instruction.
    I will still try to learn Tiny.
    I found the code in TinyGems last night. Thanks you very much.

NotaNaN and GilCat like this.
  37. GilCat

GilCat

I've been working with DOTS almost since the beginning and i never tried Tiny before until now. I think that for someone that goes straight into Tiny right now it is hard to understand and make something plausible happen.
    The preview in editor is a must have, but for me what i find the hardest is not having the ability to inspect the runtime World with the live entities and their components. It would be great to connect Entity Debugger to the build and have that info (unless there is any way i'm not aware).

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    tonialatalo, NotaNaN and Sarkahn like this.
  38. Sarkahn

Sarkahn

I had so many times working with Tiny where I wished I could use the entity debugger at runtime. Will this ever be possible in Tiny?

39. djsell

djsell

I can't agree more. Not to mention profile data for the jobs. It was so nice when we could run in editor (even with a half broken experience) and see where the performance issues were.

On another note, I saw UI will be coming with 32. Is this the integration of UI Toolkit or is this some other UI compromise?

Also, it would be super nice to have some Draw API for debug purposes ala Debug.Draw*

Yes, I saw some of the Gizmo components. Super hard to use.

40. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

We are looking into improving the authoring side of tiny ... including the support for running in editor and support entity debugger but we are still planning the work for that
    The UI in 0.32 is UGUI the same UI system used by unity and not UI Toolkit
    Debug.Draw is coming in Tiny 0.33

41. dannyalgorithmic

dannyalgorithmic

How would I display a "card" entity and visualize it's component data with text?

42. chownv

chownv

When I run the demo with build configuration always get this problem:

Run Wasm failed after 0ms.
    No build result found for Wasm.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object,UnityEngine.Object)
    Unity.Build.ResultBase:LogResult () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.9.0-preview.9/Editor/Unity.Build/ResultBase.cs:60)
    Unity.Build.Editor.BuildConfigurationInspector/<>c:<.cctor>b__29_2 (Unity.Build.BuildConfiguration) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.9.0-preview.9/Editor/Unity.Build.Editor/BuildConfigurationInspector.cs:61)
    Unity.Build.Editor.BuildConfigurationInspector/<>c__DisplayClass25_0:<Build>b__0 () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.9.0-preview.9/Editor/Unity.Build.Editor/BuildConfigurationInspector.cs:106)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

how can I fix this problem. I get this problem on all tiny demo even follow the document step do the cube.
    Does anyone know how to fix it?

43. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

What about other platforms? have you tried building dotnet?

44. acaba42

acaba42

It used to be that I could open up the C# solution in Visual Studio, Attach to Unity, and then debug conversion code during the build and export process. Now with .31 it seems that breakpoints aren't recognized in any of the authoring code, is that expected behaviour?

45. chownv

chownv

ye all platform come the same problem. and my version was 2020.2.1.

46. gwenaelle_unity

gwenaelle_unity

Unity Technologies

We have made conversion incremental now. Conversion is triggered by a scripted importer and these systems are running only if you make the following changes:
    Modification in one of the scenes of the SceneList component.
    Modification of a dependent asset (texture, font, mesh, ..) used in one of the scenes.
    Modification of the build configuration used to build
    Incrementation of the version number of one of the conversion systems (see attribute ConverterVersion).

If you want to debug a conversion system, you will need to attach your IDE to the AssetImportWorker process not the standard Unity editor process.
    To force re-run all conversion systems in your project you can dirty your global entity cache asset (Assets/GlobalEntitySceneDependency.asset) by doing in the Editor: Dots->Clear Entities Cache
    This process is not the best but we will improve it in the future.

47. tmars

tmars

NotaNaN, V_i_T and newguy123 like this.
  48. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Hi
    It will be available later this month

49. Sarkahn

Sarkahn

Hi, I can't seem to use the "GameSave" functionality at all? I've included it in my assemblies but it refuses to be recognized:
    Unity_woUJUYRwN6.png
    devenv_nsFCGHcCy0.png

Any idea what could be happening here? I've never had this issue with other Tiny assemblies.

50. GilCat

GilCat

I think you can only reference one assembly as root when building. Did you try to add those references in the Tiny2D.asmdef instead?