Search Unity

Feedback Project specific names for XCode project, build targets and build schemes

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by lostminds, Oct 1, 2019.

1. lostminds

lostminds

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I have a feature request related to building Unity projects for iOS:

When building the XCode project, set the project name, build targets and build scheme names using the unity project name.

Currently, all XCode projects and the build targets and build schemes in them are named "Unity-iPhone", regardless of the unity project name or product display name. You might argue this doesn't matter as the end user will only see the bundle name or app display name, which is true. But in XCode project management, including the mandatory archiving and build submitting process to the app store, the build target, build scheme and project names are used and not the product display name. So it would be helpful, especially if you have multiple iOS projects, if these could be given meaningful names (for example the Unity project name) when building from Unity.

2. CraigMurray100

CraigMurray100

I've also been looking for a way to do this.

We can use post-build steps in Unity to change anything we want about the xcode project output, but doing so will require you to know a lot about how all the xcode project/workspace/scheme work so that everything compiles and builds correctly.

Another option is to use xcode on the command line to do the build, archive, and upload. I've been working on this for hours and it's not easy. Compile issues, signing issues, upload issues, lots of issues.

If you come up with a straightforward way to do this, please post!