Search Unity

Project solution not being generated after system reinstall

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by aatwo, Jan 20, 2020.

1. aatwo

aatwo

Hello.After reinstalling Windows I installed Visual Studio 2019 Community with "Visual Studio Tools for Unity". I then installed Unity and downloaded the latest release (2019.2.18f1). I opened a project (which required upgrading from something like 2019.2.4) but now when I double click to open C# scripts I don't get a Visual Studio project / solution and instead only the singlular C# script is visible in the editor and there is absolutely zero intellisense.

I tried installing Visual Studio 2017 Community with "Visual Studio Tools for Unity" but there is no change. Also new projects created from scratch demonstrate the same issue.

If I click "Assets->Open C# Project" it just opens an explorer windows at my project root...

I have also tried version 2019.3.0f5.

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  2. aatwo

aatwo

Ergh. I seem to have solved it by going to Edit->Preferences->External Tools and then for External Script Editor I had to browse to the Visual studio 2019 executable found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe

Very frustrating.