Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Project]Shawn the Suplex Squirrel

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Esquilo00, Aug 2, 2017.

?

Do you think Shawn the Suplex Squirrel will be a great game?

Poll closed Nov 2, 2017.
  1. Awesome

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Cool

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Lame

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. Worst

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Esquilo00

Esquilo00

Shawn the Suplex Squirrel is a platform game that I'm currently developing with the help of my brother. I'm new in here and so I want to see your opnion about my current working project, if there is some flaw on the level and characters, or if you like my idea.

The game is about a masked antropomorphic red squirrel named Shawn who knows how to fight suplex(Thus his surname), he has to save Stumpville(A city where the trees act as buildings) from an evil goblin named Marsh Ze Goblin who wants to ruin the city and turn it into a swamp city habited only by goblins, Shawn also has to deal with Mash's sidekick Cruncher the Boxing Crocodile.

I hope you like my idea. I'm planning to launch in mobiles and if the game is a success I'll lauch in consoles and PC.

2. neginfinity

neginfinity

To have an opinion about the project, I'd need to play it.

What you described here is a minor story detail. So, what you have right now is an idea which currently exists - in some form - in your mind only. The same idea can be turned into many completely different things, so to have an opinion about the game, people would need to see into which kind of thing did you turn your idea.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. Esquilo00

Esquilo00

Oh right, sorry. Does showing pictures count?

4. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

I hear they're worth thousands of words :)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. DominoM

DominoM

Suplex gags are fairly common in anime, so I came to this thread with expectations of the game being a cross of that with cartoon animals. The humour in the name kinda played on Shaun of the Dead so I was half expecting the enemies to be zombies.

@DominoM is disappointed he didn't get to watch a squirrel suplex a zombie.

6. Esquilo00

Esquilo00

I might add zombiefied goblins if you like.

7. Esquilo00

Esquilo00

8. neginfinity

neginfinity

That's concept art for one character. If you design the game in this style it may or may not work.

How about level/gameplay prototype?

9. Esquilo00

Esquilo00

I'm still working on it, but I'm planning that the game has four worlds with 5 levels in each world. And the gameplay will be a typical 2D platforming(I'm a beginner so I'm starting with 2D games), Shawn can shoot a limited number of nutts at his enemies or perform one of his suplex skills; such as Back Breaker or Body Slam).