Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Settings window do not pop up when Edit>ProjectSettings is press in the menu bar

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by AlanMattano, Dec 14, 2018.

1. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

If the Project Settings window is open but not visible, it does not pops up by pressing Edit>ProjectSettings. And is difficult to find in multiple 4k displays when there are a lot of open windows.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

The Project Settings window is dockable; it could help avoiding this kind of accident. ;)

3. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Yes and is super awesome!! But if you forget you dock it, under another window, when you need it you press Edit>ProjectSettings and looks like nothing is happening. And I was thinking that something was broken in Unity. Later by accident, I find it docket under a tab.
    So I still think is better if it can pop up showing selected window (as if I select that tab) when you press Edit>ProjectSettings.

4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Window -> Bring All to Front

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

You're kiddin'!? :D

6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

I misinterpreted the issue. If the window is docked somewhere, it won't help to use the "Bring to Front" command. The team has been notified.

7. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

We have a fix for this issue in review. Will probably be in one of the two next releases.

AlanMattano likes this.
  8. Player7

Player7

I would have it docked but the damn thing has not been coded to change it's layout based on width, ie responsive design. Instead the sidemenu will always show instead of switching to something sensible the sidemenu becoming a tabbed layout with tabs on top.. thus freeing up more room for the options to show in the gui width it has been giving.

Was another issue I reported with the project settings window but seems to have been buried in the old beta boards and never actually fixed....