Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Settings menu disappearing/not opening?

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by ROBYER1, Aug 1, 2019.

1. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Trying to recreate this one but it happens a lot when I am working on a project currently without a concrete cause. Sometimes the Project settings window disappears then any attempts to open it after by going through the Edit menu or Build Settings > Player settings just doesn't do anything.

Edit: saving the window layout for the editor then restoring it or changing does open the Project settings menu but I still don't know why it disappears in the first place.

goldcloud144 likes this.
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

3. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

...until that fix is out, if you look for a tiny "slash" of grey with a drop-shadow on your screen, that's the Project Settings window :D

ROBYER1 and vakabaka like this.
  4. SunnyValleyStudio

SunnyValleyStudio

If anyone else encounters this issue you can simply "Revert to factory settings" your layout and the window should appear as normal. It worked for me at least in Unity 2020

Update:
    You can also try selecting one of the default layouts if you don't want to revert to factory settings. Changing the layout should reset the size of Project settings window as well.
    upload_2020-10-23_22-48-26.png

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  5. Enrico-Monese

Enrico-Monese

Thank you! That fixed it for me. Was having this issue in 2020.1.9 and 2020.1.10.

When the layout reverted to default it also threw this error in the console

Code (csharp):
    1. Failed to destroy editor windows: #1
    2. ProjectSettingsWindow
    3. UnityEditor.<>c:<ReloadWindowLayoutMenu>b__35_0() (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/WindowLayout.cs:507)

6. RSH1

RSH1

I have to routinely delete ProjectSettings to get the Services menu to pop down