Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Project re-imports after restarting PC

Discussion in '2021.1 Beta' started by Shizola, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Shizola

Shizola

The first time I load my project it takes around 4 minutes. If I then close and re-open it, it loads pretty quickly. Restart the PC and then I'm back to 4 minutes.

Editor log says ImportAndPostprocessOutOfDateAssets is taking all the time. Is there anything I can do about this?

2. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Wild guess: is your PC clock correct? E.g. on my PC I had the motherboard battery die, which means after restart the date was like "a week ago" compared to the actual date, until several hours later Windows decided to synchronize time with some server. If a project is opened at that time, Unity would sometimes go "whee now is Feb 25 but the file modification date is Mar 1, I must reimport this!"

NotaNaN likes this.
  3. Shizola

Shizola

Clock seems fine. I should have said it happens on other machines as well. Happened on 2020.2 too.

4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi @Shizola,

Could you please submit a bug report for this issue with the project attached so we can have a look at it?

5. unity_d1Dw088g19rfog

unity_d1Dw088g19rfog

I can confirm the behaviour. I'm in version 2020.2.7f1

6. 00christian00

00christian00

Even with 2020.1 and 2020.2 some time it randomly trigger again an import. Happen often when doing a full reimport after an upgrade, like it's not saving the current state and reimport almost everything a second time.

7. Shizola

Shizola

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2021
    LeonhardP likes this.