Search Unity

Project posts in general forum

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by frosted, Jan 11, 2020.

1. frosted

frosted

@hippocoder @zombiegorilla
    Hey, so I was thinking about posting some details on an animation system I'm building for my next game, but I'm not sure what's appropriate in general discussion. This kind of borders between wip and general. It would be sharing progress, some images and bits of code.

The system itself is a blend of mecanim, final ik, and various hand rolled tools. The main problem its solving is trying to get a higher quality result in separate upper and lower body animation. Other problems involve limitations of only having stock animations while needing more variation, etc.

Can I post this kind of thing in general these days, or is that inappropriate?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

General discussion will get a lot of varying quality comments, WIP will get less traffic but mostly higher quality replies, so YMMV :) You can post in General and ask us to move it about later if you want, up to you. There's no rules stating people can't post things for open discussion in General, but it invites general commentary. Maybe you want that, I don't know. Just sharing thoughts.

3. frosted

frosted

Thanks Hippo, I'd prefer general just because WIP is spammed so hard and nobody reads it. I'm not really looking to bump my thread constantly to get feedback, more just about sharing some work and results.

More just "hey here's some cool stuff I built" - not so much expecting meaningful feedback (although that'd be awesome).

hippocoder likes this.
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Go for it, none of this can't be fixed by lazy mods anyway.

Martin_H likes this.