Search Unity

Project not playing scene 0

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Michael_Cai030, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Michael_Cai030

Michael_Cai030

Hey, so in my build settings, I have 3 scenes (build indexes 0, 1, and 2). Until now, everything's been working fine, but when I added another scene into the build settings, the scenes got messed up. No matter what, scene 2 always plays first instead of scene 0 (even when i remove it from the build settings). I tried reinstalling Unity and removing all scenes from the build settings and re-adding them, but the same thing happened. Is there anything I can do to maintain my initial scene order? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated. :)

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Are you talking about in the editor or in a build? From a build scene 0 will always launch as soon as the game starts. In the editor, play mode always starts with whatever scene you currently have open for editing instead of scene 0. So if you're talking about the editor, if you want to start with scene 0 then open scene 0 before hitting the play button (or add code to all your scenes which switches to scene 0 if scene 0 has not already been run).

3. smaliazher

smaliazher

I have the same problem. Did you find the solution?

4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

That's fairly unlikely. Please don't necro-post to old threads with content-less questions.

Instead, set yourself up for success and start your own post... it's FREE!

How to report your problem productively in the Unity3D forums:

http://plbm.com/?p=220

This is the bare minimum of information to report:

- what you want
    - what you tried
    - what you expected to happen
    - what actually happened, especially any errors you see
    - links to documentation you used to cross-check your work (CRITICAL!!!)

If you post a code snippet, ALWAYS USE CODE TAGS:

How to use code tags: https://forum.unity.com/threads/using-code-tags-properly.143875/