Search Unity

Project management software?

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by edgley, May 18, 2012.

1. edgley

edgley

I have used Basecamp, not overly fond of its look and way of doing things, hate its price.

I have found Planio which is based on Redmine, am liking this!
    However, get outside of the small plan and the price makes BC seem like a happy meal.

Any other suggestions, am looking for more than just making a chart, I like these features of listing game features / bugs wiki - more sort of an all in one container for the whole project.

I am a Mac user and had hoped than one of the Omni Groups products would do it, but alas no.
    Not even looking for a web tool really, just one that either uses Dropbox or iCloud to share out.

thanks!

kyleflores1june likes this.
  2. DayWalker

DayWalker

3. Tumbo-The-Gnome

Tumbo-The-Gnome

4. DayWalker

DayWalker

oh, thaks Tumbo. that looks good. I just found this link also, this one is looking nice but expensive. but looks like there is a discount for indie devs...

http://www.nevigo.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaKkHHjVPtU

actually I don't think this tool is a project management tool, only a design tool, not sure. Will check out your link more closely..

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  5. pallav_panda

pallav_panda

Looks like an old thread, but just in case someone is still looking for a project management tool, I recommend www.wizardmeet.com/WizPro
    It's totally free to use, but it has also got a decent paid plan for bigger teams. The good thing about it is that it doesn't restrict number of members or the duration of use in the community (free) version. It's just limited by the number of tasks which is reasonably enough to work in a small group.

6. TonyLi

TonyLi

7. Cygon4

Cygon4

I'm very happy with Trello (and if you want a self-hosted version, check out WeKan).

Not too intrusive and prevents anyone from going overboard with management (I have seen anal retentive bureaucracy suck the motivation and creativity out of people, so I prefer a certain level of anarchy and informal information communication to rigid management :D).

8. TracyWTillis

TracyWTillis

Did you see this new project management tool at Fluxes.com? It's free and allows unlimited team members. The tool has all the common features and additional options to give extra advantage when managing a project. You can search inside a project board, add deadline to tasks, live chat with team members, create report with different filters, see tasks by deadline or team member and much more. I am loving this tool and recommend it to everyone else.

9. Zooch

Zooch

Depending on your team size (and wallet size), you could check out Dapulse. It's actually being renamed to www.monday.com/ . It's very lightweight and I was able to get a team of 10 up and running within a few minutes, with 7 artists who spent about 1 day doing things incorrectly, didn't have to ask any questions on how to use it, and generally enjoy using it daily. It has a mobile app as well. It has tools for you to customize the program if you want to get really detailed for larger projects but for game projects with indie teams it works great without modification (imo).

10. TonyLi

TonyLi

@Zooch - monday.com looks pretty good, like something mid-way between trello and hack'n'plan. I hope you'll reply back here in a few weeks to let us know how it's working out for you in the long run.

11. Zooch

Zooch

I've been using it for 6 months and we have over 850 tasks listed in various stages of completion (most in backlog, ~200 completed, ~50 in WIP stages). So far its going well :) I just cringe a little when the bill comes as I think it's a bit more expensive than the competition, but as a producer of 6-7 different projects over the past 10 years, it's certainly the best and easiest I've used so far.

kyleflores1june and TonyLi like this.
  12. kyleflores1june

kyleflores1june

Yes I am using various PM Tool during development in Unity. Few of them are Asana, Basecame and FindNerd PM Tool.
    All of them are good. But recently in our organization, we are using Findnerd Project Mnagement Tool, one of the best Task Tracking and Free Project Management Tools as compared to others. One thing I like about it is free of cost and it also provides a rich set of features while still allowing the end-user to have the flexibility of using them as per their need. Do have a look. http://projects.findnerd.com/

13. amitkakkar2001

amitkakkar2001

DGerine likes this.
  14. DGerine

DGerine

15. newjerseyrunner

newjerseyrunner

I’ve use Atlassian for many many projects. It has a lot of really nice features but I’m not in finance so I have no idea how much it costs. I’ve worked at small companies so it can’t be too much.

16. LRica

LRica

Check out what Zazmic recently released: https://zazmic.io . Comprehensive in-app QA functionality. You can write and run individual tests, manage and track software testing without extra plugins for it

17. morganstarkt

morganstarkt

Try Boombirds! Really one heck of a Business Process Management Software. It ensures business process adherence, by organising tasks into logical, actionable, procedural-based workflows and comes with optional field and fleet tracking. You can improve your productivity by managing your business process efficiently across your office & field staff. Most importantly, you need not pay a penny for the trial and also do not need a credit card. One of the pretty rare and cool feauture in 2019 I guess.

18. annita2

annita2

I love this one: https://zazmic.io/
    Z-Stream is an all-in-one tool that keeps everything in place

19. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

i believe jira is most used in game industry

20. Jaimi

Jaimi

21. unity_UEdBr4TSPTbE8Q

unity_UEdBr4TSPTbE8Q

I really love this app for communicating within team.:)

Hashdone is a free forever powerful app that enables you to organize your teamwork communication.

22. Siccity

Siccity

I've been using Github's issue system quite successfully. It's easy to use and plays well with source control. It's only viable for developers though, your economics or marketing guy can't use it for much

23. FrancisDevson

FrancisDevson

If you still need any software suggestions after all these years, here's mine :D
    My team has been using Asana for many years, it's really handy and perfectly fits any project. Though, last few weeks it faces some issues (again) with Google Sheets integration. That integration allows automatic import of necessary data to Google Sheets. So we just use a few third-party tools to make our workflow more reliable. We use it for Asana to Google Sheets import, Asana to BigQuery import, and so on. I just wanted to say, that Asana is one of the best project management tools for me, but it has some issues.