Search Unity

Project list isn't sorted. Also how to clean project list?

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Xaon, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Xaon

Xaon

Hi!

Aside from my daily job I oversee quite a few student projects. So I end up with 20+ projects that are on different versions of Unity. Most of them I open once a month or even less often. So Unity Hub it's a great thing for me.

But I have an issue with it. It doesn't sort projects on list. It doesn't put last opened on top of the list. Actually projects are at random positions on list each time I open the Hub.

As I open most of them very rarely I could simply remove them from list so they won't spam it. But I don't see option for that in the Hub. Removing project from disk is not an option as I would need to redownload whole repository just to check one or two things.

2. nickfourtimes

nickfourtimes

I don't have the problem of random ordering, but I just popped into the forums to likewise mention that the option to "Remove Project" from the Project list (and optionally choose whether to delete it on disk) would be very nice indeed.

3. andm-dlw

andm-dlw

I just want to chime in that I also have a massive list of projects in which there is absolutely no logic in regards to ordering, which is immensely frustrating. Please add (preferably) an option to switch between ordered by last use and plain alphabetical ordering (both ascending and descending). Having an option to remove a project would be a plus as well. Thanks!

4. BorisMongeau

BorisMongeau

Unity Technologies

We just released a hotfix (0.14.1) for this problem. Now the ordering should be good

5. andm-dlw

andm-dlw

Looks a lot better indeed, thanks!

6. WillNode

WillNode

Hey I need this feature too. Please add a button to remove projects from list. :)