Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

project imported from 5.3.4 becomes corrupted (847740)

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by laurentlavigne, Nov 3, 2016.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

This is still not fixed which is a bit of a worry as we're already at beta 10.

As a bonus all prefabs are corrupted.

2. mgear

mgear

I tested one 5.3.6 project, everything seems to work fine.. (had to do 're-import all' after initial import though)

3. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

I'm sure some projects have more legacy crap than others. Was your 536 project initially a 4.7 project?

4. mgear

mgear

Was started with 5.3 something.. but has all kind of stuff, old v0.7 google vr, several asset store plugins..

Have you tried exporting the whole project as an unitypackage and import that into new?

5. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

I tried that and the scenes are slightly less broken, let's say 50% broken instead of 80% broken. Some trees show up but the rest is replaced by some other object.

6. mgear

mgear

What if open in 5.4 first? then go from there to 5.5 : )

7. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

4.7->5.5 breaks, 5.4->5.5 breaks as well. I've even tried switching to hidden metafiles thinking it was the asset server reference in the old 4.7 project that was messing with 5.5 AS getting super deprecated. 100% buggy.

It's also broken on another project which uses assets from that same 4.7 proj. 4.7 export assets to unitypackages, import inside 5.x, make prefabs in 5.x upgrade to 5.5. Now most of these old assets are either disconnected from their prefab (invisible) or replaced by another asset altogether (worm becomes robot, robot becomes void)

I'm re imported the unitypackage of these assets, some do get fixed, like the robot whilst others like the worm remain a robot.

Not a feature.

Additional logs contain extra .unitypackage