Search Unity

Games Project Gloria

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by KeyxvanlIerop, Feb 21, 2021.

1. KeyxvanlIerop

KeyxvanlIerop

Project Gloria is a game here you play as an inhabitant of a dystopian city which is under siege. Inside the city are strict social rules applied to maintain order. Your goal is to survive by getting tot know the city.

I started making this game because i don't like it when NPC's feel like museum dolls. I want to give them a real life and goals. Next to that i want to give the player the feeling he's is living in a world with social rules which he has to abide by. Things like you have to kneel when you encounter an holy object(church/faith) and you are not allowed to look at the other sex. If you do, you will be punished by NPC's. That way everybody keeps each other in line.

If you behave well enough you can live in a higher section of the city which will have more food and less harsh conditions.

So i made 2 prototypes. 1 where i made a day/night cycle. Wanted to simulate objects who loose HP during the night and only can refill it when they go to a store. The thing is, there isn't enough for everybody. So the slowest ones die.

The second video is the iteration of the game where we explored making the city multilayered and ways to escape tot different sections of the city. These are still prototypes.