Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games Project Fungus

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by TheSky, Jan 13, 2020.

1. TheSky

TheSky

Hello everybody.
    I am currently working on my very first game. (Except for a few unfinished prototypes)
    The basic idea of my game is: a mutated fungus-organism spreads and threatens people.
    However, in this game you are this super fungus.
    The task is to get so far that all people in the area are driven out.
    You do this by deciding how to grow your fungus, by developing it further, and eating a few people here and there.
    Over time, the fear in the population increases. Some will flee, some try to fight back.

The game is for smartphones. The graphics are not final, and some are placeholders.
    So far I have implemented the free growth of the fungus. I'm currently working on the people's behavior.
    The name "Project Fungus" is actually just a working title.
    However, I haven't come up with a better name yet. So maybe I'll stick with it.

PF01.jpg PF02.jpg PF03.jpg

2. Goatogrammetry

Goatogrammetry

Make the mold blue-gray or something that matches the trees less. Its hard to see whats going on at first. I do like the game idea. Not sure if any humans would hang around to be eaten, IRL

3. TheSky

TheSky

@automata
    Thanks for your feedback.
    You are right. The colours are not ideal yet. The Graphics are not final.
    I will definetely change the appearance of the mold a bit, to make it more distinguishable from the sorrounding.
    And people won't just let themselves be eaten. They will usually try to avoid the fungus and, at a certain point, try to fight back.