Search Unity

Project Favorites, how to make them project specific?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Krellumdaed, May 4, 2021.

1. Krellumdaed

Krellumdaed

upload_2021-5-4_13-11-12.png
    I like saving searches but I like they restricted to specific sub-directors for specific projects. The only way I seem to be able to do this is to put ALL the combinations in:
    • Proj1ViewScripts
    • Proj2ViewScripts
    • Proj1PreFabs
    • etc.
    This is a PAIN! The list gets really long when you consult on projects and have 4 or 5 actives at a time.

I was hoping this would be saved with the Editor Layout so that I could just design a layout for each project as soon as the project is active enough to deserve setting up a layout. But, sadly, the layout does not store this data. When you change your Project Favorites it changes for all layouts.

I have tweaked a lot of stuff need in Untiy editor but I am not finding where this is stored yet. If I knew what file it was in I could use a zsh script or something to switch between projects. It would be handy if this was saved with the layout.

I wondered if there is an Editor API where I could set these, but I am not finding one.

Any ideas on how I could improve the workflow by having project-specific favorites without flooding the favorites list with a pile of combinations.

Appleguysnake and Peyot like this.