Search Unity

Project Essence - WIP MOBA

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Carvuh, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Carvuh

Carvuh

Hey guys,

I'm working on a MOBA right now to revitalize everything that was lost in Dawngate. One of my favorite MOBAs. Before it was ripped out of my heart by EA. I just started this project pretty much earlier this week, and I have made a lot of progress on it so far. A lot more than I actually anticipated. Something that I would love to do is recreate the feel and love that I had for Dawngate into this Free-to-play MOBA.

Thing's are just getting started so stay tuned for more stuff. But here is a quick video of some features that I have thrown together so far. Everything that you see here is temporary (or could actually move from here to the final game) and also set up to start just prototyping certain concepts and mechanics, but, anyways. I'm going to be devoting a lot of time and effort to make sure this game deserves to be on par with Dawngate.

If you guys have any questions feel free to post them here. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Atheistzilla

Jared_P likes this.
  2. PenguinEmporium

PenguinEmporium

*Sarcasm Warning*

Hmmmmm, will it have the standard tower defense that is so over used that DC IPs can hold a candle to the market or will it be a new inviting experience that will make thousands flock to it for trying to succeed?

*Sarcasm Over*

Looks like it's working and looking good. Can't wait to see what you'll do with the system.

3. Carvuh

Carvuh

It really depends on how people perceive it I suppose! Dawngate is one of the main supporting factors on how the game will play out, but I cant carbon-copy it. So, In the end, I say that It will be fairly different, and I'm hoping that the player base that I'm aiming for can appreciate what I make for them. :)

4. PenguinEmporium

PenguinEmporium

In that case, I salute you. If you can bring back Dawngate and maybe even extend the scope, I can appreciate your bravery to undertake that challenge.

5. Jared_P

Jared_P

:) Pretty good! I am also planning to create a project in this genre... Well, good luck for your journey! ;)