Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Mono Upgrade Project does not compile

Discussion in 'Experimental Scripting Previews' started by Cheerio, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Cheerio

Cheerio

I get the following error after setting the target to 4.6. I tried deleting my library folder. If I create a new project and add some scripts to it, it seems to work just fine.

error CS1705: Assembly `Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' depends on `System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' which has a higher version number than referenced assembly `System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
    C:\klei\simgame\game\Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Is there a pre-built assembly in this project that might have been built against an old version of System.Core.dll? Or is this all script code compiled by Unity?

3. liortal

liortal

Looks similar to my reported issue.

4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Good point @liortal, this does look like the same bug. We're investigating it now.

5. joncham

joncham

Unity Technologies