Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Project crashing when trying to load at Initialize Graphics step

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Velo222, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Velo222

Velo222

Hello,

My project fails to load every time I try to start it up. It will display the Unity graphic, and then when it gets to "Initialize Graphics", it simply shuts down/crashes to desktop.

I looked in the Editor logs and found where it says it's crashing at. It says this: "Shader 'Hidden/AstarPathfindingProject/Navmesh Outline': fallback shader 'None' not found"

I'm assuming that means Unity is expecting a shader for some reason, but doesn't find anything, and then for some reason just crashes. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you for any information or help.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Does this happen even in a new empty project? Did this issue always happen to this project? If not, what changed, and does it affect your project if you roll back to an earlier version where you know you used to be able to open it?

3. Velo222

Velo222

To answer those questions:

1. It does not happen in a new empty project.
    2. This issue did not happen in this project until today. I was working on it yesterday, then came back to open it up today and it now crashes every single time.
    3. It crashes immediately after that Editor log line I mentioned in the first post, so I'm assuming it has something to do with shaders.

I'll post the lines leading up the crash in a new post, I'm on a different comp right now.

4. Velo222

Velo222

Here are the lines leading up to the crash in the Editor log:

Code (CSharp):
    1. WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Enviro/BumpedDiffuseOverlaySM2' - All passes removed
    2. WARNING: Shader Did you use #pragma only_renderers and omit this platform?
    3. WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Enviro/BumpedDiffuseOverlaySM2' - All passes removed
    4. WARNING: Shader Did you use #pragma only_renderers and omit this platform?
    5. Shader 'Hidden/AstarPathfindingProject/Navmesh Outline': fallback shader 'None' not found
    6. Crash!!!

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I'd go to a backup from before your edits yesterday, or use your version control to revert yesterday's changes, and see if it will open correctly. Another thing to try would be going through the file manager to remove "Hidden/AstarPathfindingProject/Navmesh Outline". See if it opens without that file. Did you just add this specifically yesterday?

6. Velo222

Velo222

I was hoping to not have to revert to an older version, but i might have to. I did try to remove the Navmesh Outline shader but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. It still crashes every time.

I'll keep trying some things. Thank you for your help :)