Search Unity

Project crash at startup after updating from 2017.1.1p3 to 2017.1.2p2

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jo82, Oct 29, 2017.

1. jo82

jo82

The Project was working great on 2017.1.1p3 then I updated Unity to 2017.1.2p2 and I can't open my main scene because it always crashes. Luckly I have a backup so I can always go back to any other version but for some reason 2017.1.2p2 hates my project...?

Funny thing is that the scene will open correctly with 2017.3 beta...

Things I tried:
    1. Delete Library/Temp folder
    2. I deleted all my scripts in C:...\Assets\Standard Assets\Scripts and tried to open the scene
    3. Saved scene in 2017.3 beta and tried to open it in 2017.1.2p2 after
    I have the editor log here but I can't make anything out of it.

Other projects will open fine but my main project which contains a lot of gameobjects will crash.

Here's the Log if anyone wanna take a look: Log

Thanks

2. chmodseven

chmodseven

If you have a Profiler tab sitting open on your project layout, try closing that. I have no idea why yet, but it's what was crashing my project immediately after upgrading today.

Once I discovered this, I've been working around the issue by just not using the profiler, but obviously that won't be sustainable in the long run, so hopefully someone will get to the bottom of it.

3. jo82

jo82

Thanks but I just updated to 2017.2.

I also had a problem with 2017.2 as it would crash no matter which project I tried to start or open.

The trick was to delete the Unity folder in C:\Users\myusername\AppData\LocalLow\

Good to know about the profiler but I rarely leave it open so I doubt it was the problem in my case.

4. chmodseven

chmodseven

Ah okay cool, thanks for that tip, I'll give that a try and see if it fixes the root cause for my issue as well.