Search Unity

Project convert from built in to URP, terrain disappears

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by katarn321, Oct 3, 2019.

1. katarn321

katarn321

I recently decided to convert my project over to the URP (I made a backup before hand). I followed the steps in the doc, converted the shaders, etc. but now in the editor the terrain is not visible at all and tress are not visible (although I was fairly zoomed out so it may have been that the billboard version wasnt rendering).

When I run the game the terrain is still invisible (although the collider must still be there because the player character doesnt start falling). The trees are there although they are that typical blue from no shader.

Oddly the rocks im using from one of the packages on the asset store are there and look fine and the standard asset water object im using is there.

Any Idea what I missed or did wrong or how to fix?

Thanks in advance,
    Kat.

2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Did you update all the terrain and tree etc materials to be a URP compatible shader? If not ,start with that. Also things are pink not blue when they dont have a shader, so are you sure you dont have another issue?

Arunaldo7 likes this.
  3. katarn321

katarn321

Thanks, that fixed the issue. I got the impression that the shader conversion would take care of that but maybe the terrain shader is different. Im sure the trees are a similar problem. I am color blind to an extent, browns & greens all look the same and blue/purple/pink can all look the same to me as well, so im sure the "blue" I was seeing for the trees was really pink, lol.

Anyway, thanks for the help, im back in action.