Search Unity

Games Project Classic Survivior Horror

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by gabelogan87, Mar 19, 2023.

1. gabelogan87

gabelogan87

Title:
    Project Classic Survivior Horror (WIP)

Summary of the project:

A classic survivor horror game with fixed cameras, tank controls, limited resources, inventory management, trackbacks, puzzles.

Visual media to showcase your project:
    Excuse me but i am a softskill noob.

My socials:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo5k4s2Vip7tsZK2GKAkETQ
    https://www.patreon.com/gabepaullogan

Feature List:

• Test area ✅
    • Player ✅
    • Tank controls ✅
    • Enemy that is able to follow ✅
    • Pause and item menu ✅
    Roadmap for the project:
    • Weapon aiming
    • Firing the weapon
    • Door transition
    • Item pickup system
    • Menu system
    • Controller support
    • ...TBD
    About me:
    Hi guys im Gabe, im from Europe, Hungary. Let's be honest im not a gamedev at all but at 35 im less interested in playing games but im more in giving back to others the same feeling that gaming provided me as a kid. At least im try. I know nothing about C# or Unity so im working from tutorials, my basic tutorial is one by Jimmy Vegas. Probably im going to finish his WIP series related to this project so i have to do some research on further functionalities that my game requires.

About the project and it's future:

As you read it it is a classic survivor horror game. Initially I wanted something with the classic PSX look but at first try C# and Unity will be enough I believe and I can get the required assets, having a sort of a modern look to the game. I would like to disregard the from the ground zero 3d modelling approach for now. It is going to be a very small game (lets call it a demo) but with all the mechanics represented. Having a full time job and private life it is very difficult to dedicate 3-5 years of development time from my free time to a game that provides valuable content for 4-5 hours. But if my WIP title convinces you, you may consider supporting me by following/watching on YT and sharing my content or supporting on Patreon if you want to go to the extra mile. Im not considering Kickstarter right now until Im familiar with all the functionalities the game requires, once I am and all i need is time and resources then ill probably launch a campaign.

Feedback you want:
    A feedback or suggestions of any sort is welcomed. ;)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  2. vintage-retro-indie_78

vintage-retro-indie_78

this is amazing, it's one of my favorite genres, working on a Tomb Raider // vampire survival - type genre, anyway it's just an archaelogist that somehow gets ' sucked ' into a vampire - world, and use bit classic vampire - hunting, or items, however my two favorite titles ever are prob. Alone in the Dark :: New Nightmare, and also ' Until Dawn ', right now have a few ideas // sketches . . .

this looks overall amazing // quality is good, it's a very good start, and overall for me it's an instant wishlist, if there's a good story, also bit interesting characters . . .

gabelogan87 likes this.
  3. gabelogan87

gabelogan87

I can be stoned to death but along my tank controls love i would love to play a game with classic Tomb Raider game mechanics too! Even if they arent forgiving to say the least. Where the platforming and puzzles are in front of the action. But a good vampire game is also on demand like Soul Reaver....wait those are almost the same games. :) Not sure how close your game hits to this genre but i would be down for the gameplay only too. If its a no hand helding, puzzle-platformer mainly. No need to be a shakespearean art like Sour Reaver of course.

Thanks for the feedback on the story and characters. Ill keep it in mind. ;)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  4. vintage-retro-indie_78

vintage-retro-indie_78

( try googling vampire - horror . . . )

there are a few designs, that are almost eldritch, that's perhaps where it's perhaps a bit interesting to add to also horror . . . . :) :eek:

it's bit shame can't make a hidden image, the OP being also over horror, maybe something like this // more weird . . . .

5. vintage-retro-indie_78

vintage-retro-indie_78

this one might be too scary for the forum . . . :) :rolleyes:

the problem is also coding the systems, they could climb on walls, or turn into mist . . . .

being a bit 3D modeller, could make a few one's . . .

6. gabelogan87

gabelogan87

This is something that would totally fit a Soul Reaver game!
    Very reminisence of Zephon.

7. vintage-retro-indie_78

vintage-retro-indie_78

yea, it's more that zombies are used everywhere, think to make something new might have to try different monsters, bit over getting new powers // things they can do, it's bit of a seen-everywhere trope to have zombies . . . :) :eek: