Search Unity

Project based on asmdef does not generate DLL?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by wahntin, Feb 16, 2020.

1. wahntin

wahntin

Hi, I have introduced asmdef files to our game project in order to be able to do unity based unit testing.
    It's just an asmdef file in the Scripts directory - a full replacement for the default "Assembly-CSharp" project.

When I build this new project it does not seem to create a dll file in the debug folders. Is this the expected behaviour?

The reason I am asking is that I'm having a .net console application that uses the game logic to generate HTML doc files for the game. The project works fine in visual studio (it finds all dependency classes), but I can't build it:

Meta data file "..\ImagineEarthUnity\Temp\bin\Debug\ImagineEarth.dll" could not be found​

Any idea on what could cause this?

Best, Martin

2. wahntin

wahntin

What worked in theory was adding a reference to the ImagineEarth.dll in the Library/ScriptAssemblies folder.
    Unfortunately, the Unity assembly is still missing and it does not seem to make a lot of sense to reference the assemblies in the unity installation path, since it would change with every version upgrade.

My solution now is to use the unity test project and manually add the .net libraries I was missing to the Test folder in my project. Not a great way to do it, but it works.