Search Unity

Project Aurora demo now available on Kongregate

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Halcyon2518, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Halcyon2518

Halcyon2518

Hello, folks! My current project is a top-down shooter. It'll be an arcade-style multiplayer exclusive, but the backstory is set in a future where magic is real and has been exposed to the public. The arsenal includes modern and futuristic weapons; however, players can also cast spells with a wide variety of effects. The premise of the gameplay is that players are members of a military task force established to contain the threat of magical creatures entering our world from an alternate plane of existence. Enemies range from zombies and skeleton archers to enchanted suits of armor and hulking minotaurs.

I've published a web player build on Kongregate.com, for which the link is below. Also, this link is for a manual that explains the mechanics and features (the same link is included in the Instructions beneath the game). I recommend reading the Overview, the intro to the Weapons section, and the Spells section; the rest of the manual is a feature-by-feature breakdown that can be consulted whenever you feel like.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Phoenix2518/project-aurora

2. Wolfos

Wolfos

Refreshing to see someone on this forum approaching a game project correctly.
    Great prototype!

3. tigerfoot

tigerfoot

Buargh, arghh, uargh. Enemy sounds are funny, great so far.

4. 3dDude

3dDude

Pretty fun!

Is that the bow sound from minecraft though?

5. Halcyon2518

Halcyon2518

Nah, not unless they also pulled sound effects from freesound.org. I've actually never played Minecraft, so I wouldn't know.

Thanks for the comments so far, guys. I appreciate it!