Search Unity

ProGroups for Unity- Finally, true "grouping" for Unity, check it out!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by yahodahan, May 7, 2012.

1. yahodahan

yahodahan

I'm really, really excited to announce- ProGroups for Unity! It's (almost) on the Asset Store! This is an incredibly useful tool, I've already found it speeding up my own workflow by huge amounts.

ProGroups is a plugin for Unity3D that (finally!) allows real "group" controls. This means no more silly "GameObject" parenting and hierarchy confuddling. Any object can be in as many groups as it wants! You can even hide entire groups from the scene AND hierarchy, or select multiple at once via a simple "checkbox" system. Especially if you have been managing a large scene with many objects- ProGroups will save you huge amounts of time and frustration. Check out the preview here, and coming soon to the Unity Asset Store!

Please, let me know if you have any pre-release comments/suggestions, this should be ready to submit by Thursday at the latest.

Thanks for all the great help these forums have been!

2. herpderpy

herpderpy

That does seem pretty cool, it does get quite frustrating sometimes. Though, isn't this what tagging is for?

3. yahodahan

yahodahan

Hi Alex, thanks for the reply.

Tagging can be useful for running scripts that find things, but this lets you create entire "collections" of objects to quickly select (or hide/show)! I'm not sure how to put it other than, once you try it, you'll never, ever go back- I've already found my workflow going so much faster :D

4. yahodahan

yahodahan

This one's almost out the door, just making it pretty and smoothing over some edges- a seriously great timesaver!