Search Unity

ProGrids /ProBuilder always snaps even if turned off

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Link_95, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Link_95

Link_95

since friday i cant build or move anything without grid/snap i can change the grid/snap-size via the ProGrids options but no matter if it is turned on or off im stuck to the snaps did i messed something up without noticing?

I made a new 3d project and got nothing loaded in exepte of ProGrids and ProBuilder.

and if i press "v" and drag an object it is stuck to the grid for 4-5m then it is smooth without snap but only on straight lines diagonals dont work.

EdithMerley likes this.
  2. ThomasLopez

ThomasLopez

Unity Technologies

Hi @Link_95 ,
    Which Unity and PB versions are you using?
    Did you do something on Friday that could explain a change (update of ProBuilder or ProGrid)?

Have you enabled the snapping from Unity ? If I remember correct it can influence ProBuilder placement.
    It can only be enable/disable in the Global context.
    upload_2021-1-29_9-56-22.png

EdithMerley likes this.
  3. CJM821

CJM821

Hey, has anyone found a solution for this, cause I opened my unity project and I was trying to make a table and it's forcing it to be either 1 or 0 when I'm trying to move the faces, progrids snapping is turned off, progrids also won't let you change the snap settings when editing a face of an object as it is grayed out, has anyone found a fix for this outside of pressing CTRL before grabbing the handles

EdithMerley likes this.
  4. EdithMerley

EdithMerley

This is happening to me as well. I'm using Unity 2019.4.36f1 Personal (64bit). I inset on a face of a cube and I'm trying to extrude the face out. The face will only travel a full grid square, even if ProGrids Snapping is disabled. If I move the entire cube, it can move normally without snapping so long as the ProGrids snapping is disabled. Interestingly, the "Toggle Grid Snapping on and off" icon to the right of "Toggle Tool Handle Rotation" remains unclickable no matter if it's set to Local or Global. Maybe that is because I'm using ProGrids and it is disabled to prevent conflict. Has anyone found a solution?

Attached Files:

5. FoodFish_

FoodFish_

This is also blocking me

6. ForgetfulGalaxy

ForgetfulGalaxy

I'm seeing this behavior for resizing but not moving. When the progrid snapping is set to OFF, I can move things around without them snapping to grid. But when resizing objects, they are still snapped to the grid, without changing any other toggles.

This is on Unity version 2020.3.37.f1.git.9201280 .