Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

ProGrids - keyboard hotkey to toggle snapping

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Xarbrough, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

In the current package version 3.0.3 there is no keyboard shortcut to enable and disable snapping. Would it be possible to add this as a configurable hotkey? I often like to switch between grid and no-grid.

I can see two variants work: Either hitting e.g. the 'm'-key toggles the mode to enabled/disabled or by holding the key I can temporarily invert the mode (if snapping mode was enabled, snapping will be disabled while holding the key and if snapping mode was disabled, snapping will be enabled while holding the key).

PS: Thanks for this great tool, I deeply enjoy using ProGrids!

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Actually, you should be able to hold "D" to disable the Grid, can you try this and let me know if it works? Thanks, glad you like the tools!

3. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

Ah ok, thank you, that's something! I can press and hold D and then move things off grid. Would be perfect if I could change the keybinding. And a minor convenience issue is the fact, that I have to press D before I start dragging the object. In other applications, such as Maya, I can move an object on the grid and while moving, can disable the grid by holding m to make final small adjustments all in one go.

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Good point! Holding the key should "un-snap", that's standard in other tools yep.

We should be able to open up key setting in the prefs, too :)

Xarbrough likes this.
  5. TheDewey

TheDewey

Also is there to change that shortcut, As It seems to override "control+d" for duplicate in the scene view. or is my version just weird?

6. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Yep, working on a fix for that- sorry!