Search Unity

ProGrids Error

Discussion in 'World Building' started by KillerNads, Feb 27, 2019.

1. KillerNads

KillerNads

Ive just updated my project from Unity 2017 to Unity 2018.3

I had Progrids installed through the asset store previously.

I removed the asset store version of both ProBuilder and ProGrids and then went to the package manager and installed them both from there.

However, Progrids is giving me an error in the console window:

'UnityEditor.ProGrids.ProGridsEditor' is missing the class attribute 'ExtensionOfNativeClass'!

Any way for me to get rid of this error message? Package Manager says its up to date and that im on 3.0.3

Thanks.

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! About ProBuilder: you should actually keep the Asset Store version, then install via Package Manager - ProBuilder will detect the older asset and prompt you to convert, which ensures all your ProBuilder objects stay editable.

About ProGrids: that's the correct upgrade method, not sure where that error would come from, and I haven't seen it before. Could you file a bug report for that one, via "Help > Report a Bug"? Thanks!

3. KillerNads

KillerNads

Ah man thanks, i wish i knew about that ProBuilder tip before, as i owned the paid asset and removing it and downloading from package manager messed up my project. :(

I will file the bug report for ProGrids.

I think i have another bug also with ProBuilder, when in prefab mode and i choose to add a new 3d object like a cube from probuilder, the cube doesnt appear, but using unity 3d cube works fine?!? Is this a known bug?

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks very much for the purchase! :)

About prefab mode, yes sorry that's a known bug on our list, should have it fixed up soon!

KillerNads likes this.
  5. KillerNads

KillerNads

okay i tried to file a bug report in unity but couldnt, i had 70gb free on my HDD but when i clicked send the bug report, it took ages loading, and then i got a message saying that all my diskspace on c: drive has run out suddenly. The bug report was taking up all the space, as when i deleted the files it created i got all my space back on my hdd. :(

6. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hmm, could you create an empty project, and submit the bug from there?