Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

[ProGrids] Error message?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Incarne1, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Incarne1

Incarne1

Currently getting this error message and I've tried closing the software along with reinstalling the Pro+ addons:

InvalidOperationException: EnsureRunningOnMainThread can only be called from the main thread
    UnityEngine.Object.EnsureRunningOnMainThread () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEngineObject.bindings.cs:153)
    UnityEngine.Object.GetInstanceID () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEngineObject.bindings.cs:73)
    UnityEngine.Object.IsNativeObjectAlive (UnityEngine.Object o) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEngineObject.bindings.cs:182)
    UnityEngine.Object.CompareBaseObjects (UnityEngine.Object lhs, UnityEngine.Object rhs) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEngineObject.bindings.cs:140)
    UnityEngine.Object.op_Inequality (UnityEngine.Object x, UnityEngine.Object y) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEngineObject.bindings.cs:405)
    UnityEditor.ProGrids.GridRenderer.Destroy () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.progrids@3.0.3-preview.0/Editor/GridRenderer.cs:85)
    UnityEditor.ProGrids.ProGridsEditor.Destroy () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.progrids@3.0.3-preview.0/Editor/ProGridsEditor.cs:409)
    UnityEditor.ProGrids.ProGridsEditor.Finalize () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.progrids@3.0.3-preview.0/Editor/ProGridsEditor.cs:370)
    UnityEngine.UnhandledExceptionHandler:<RegisterUECatcher>m__0(Object, UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Can you let me know what version of ProGrids you are using, and version of Unity? Thanks!

3. embeddedt

embeddedt

@gabrielw_unity I'm getting the same error message. ProGrids 3.0.3-preview, Unity Personal 2018.3.0f2.

4. Incarne1

Incarne1

Hello Gabriel, Im using unity 2018.3 and progrids 3.0.3

5. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hmm, any chance you also have an older version of ProGrids installed, or something else conflicting? If you create a new, blank project, then install ProGrids 303, does the error still show up? I can't repro here- installs and opens fine each time, no errors, sorry! :(

6. Davidjsap

Davidjsap

Getting this as well @gabrielw_unity , same call stack, same version numbers on both Unity and ProGrids. Progrids seems to be working fine and builds fine, but I don't love having an error message I can't resolve.

It happens with 3.0.2 and 3.0.1 as well. Checked all 3 ProGrids versions to be sure. Let me know if you figure anything out!

Thanks

7. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the confirmation- I'll keep my eye out for it, and let you know ASAP if anything changes. You could also send me a project to test, in a zip, if you like? Make sure only ProGrids is in the project, to rule out conflicts. Thanks!