Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Progrids Bug] unable to launch play button in editor LTS

Discussion in 'World Building' started by tlt, Mar 24, 2019.

1. tlt

tlt

Hi

I'm using Unity 2017.4 LTS (2017.4.23f1) with Progrids 2.5.0f0 from asset store (there's no package manage in 2017 LTS) and Win 10 x64 1709 French version.

When I installed progrids, i got this error message (even with an empty/clean project)

So I'm unable to run Editor Play button because of this issue, but I can compile/build project without problem.

Is it correct to download newer version of progrids from a newer version of unity (through package manager) and move that version into my 2017 project?

I suspect the Progrids bug coming from the system localization: my operating system is in French, the decimal separator is a comma "," not point ".", maybe Progrids can not manage that. I tried to change the decimal separator of my system but it did not change anything.

I came previously from Unity 2017.4.4f1 LTS,there was no problem with the progrids/unity of that time.

How to solve this problem please?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  2. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Yes, at the moment this is probably the best workaround. We don't have any plans to backport updates to ProGrids to the Asset Store at the moment.