Search Unity

[ProGrids Bug] Snapping not working on ProBuilder Faces/Edges/Vertices

Discussion in 'World Building' started by chatrat12, May 4, 2018.

1. chatrat12

chatrat12

Decided to get back to work when I discovered another bug in ProGrids. Pretty much what the title says. Snapping still works in object mode. But if I select a face and move it around, no snapping.

Unity Version 2018.1.0f2
    ProGrids Version 3.0.1 preview
    ProBuilder Version 3.0.6

Edit:
    I reverted ProGrids to stock. I deleted the package completely from my hard drive and reinstalled it just to rule out my previous bug fix causing any issues.

dythervin likes this.
  2. chatrat12

chatrat12

After reviewing the code, it look like ProBuilder handles the implementation for snapping and just queries ProGrids for the current settings.Guessing it's a ProBuilder bug. That's if you guys are even able to reproduce the bug.

3. SirDoombox

SirDoombox

I have the exact same problem, even in a clean project with nothing but Grids and Builder

4. chatrat12

chatrat12

Glad it isn't just me. ProBuilder and ProGrids are in pretty rough shape right now. I've given up on using the latest versions. God speed to Karl and Gabriel. I'm sure they are working as fast as they can and they probably have a ton on their plate. I'm hoping we'll get a round of fixes this coming week.

5. halgorithm

halgorithm

I'm also experiencing this bug when using ProBuilder 3.0.6 and ProGrids 3.0.1-preview on an empty project + scene in Unity 2018.2.0b2. ProGrids' snapping is enabled and works when translating objects, but not when doing anything with vertices. The "push to grid" button also exhibits this behavior.

6. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the reports, a fix is in the pipes.

7. halgorithm

halgorithm

Thanks for the quick response!

8. chatrat12

chatrat12

How are the fixes coming? Any ETAs on when they will drop?

9. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

ProBuilder 3.0.8 was pushed to Package Manager this morning, which includes the fix for ProGrids 3.0.1 compatibility.

10. luizfelipemb

luizfelipemb

try reseting the position

11. plaguedog

plaguedog

I had this problem today, which seemed to be associated with a particular game object (cube) and its duplicate. Deleting and recreating the objects solved the problem.

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

it still doesnt work for me