Search Unity

ProGrids 3.0.3 preview 4 hides Scene View Menu

Discussion in 'World Building' started by CDGKen, Jul 8, 2019.

1. CDGKen

CDGKen

If you update to ProGrids 3.0.3 preview 4 and close the scene view menu, it disappears entirely and you can't get it back unless you downgrade your version. At least that's what happens for me.

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Can you give me a bit more info:

1) What version of Unity?
    2) What version of ProGrids did you upgrade from? If Asset Store, did you delete the old version first?
    3) Any errors in the console before or after upgrade?
    4)What did you use to "close", and what do you mean by "scene view menu"?

Thanks! -gw

3. CDGKen

CDGKen

Hi there, sorry for not responding. I thought I received an email every time a thread is responded to. I might be too late to respond to this, but I'll do it anyway.

1) I'm using 2019.1.9
    2) I was originally using the latest version downloaded from the asset store, but noticed it was now in the package manager so I went that route. I did delete the old version.
    3) No errors.
    4) By close in the scene view menu, I mean this thingy:

save_button_progrids.jpg

When I click that blue 'close' icon, it goes up until it's off the scene view. In 3.0.3 preview 3 it goes up, but leaves an 'open' button for you to bring it back down.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! No worries, I fall behind as well ...
    Can you try in a brand-new project, just in case something is interfering? I've tried with preview 3 and preview 4, the close button is working fine for me here, tough to tell what the issue might be.
    Thanks!

5. CDGKen

CDGKen

I'm afraid it still happens with a brand new project. In case I'm not explaining it properly, I've attached picture of what the project looks like for me in preview 4, and when I downgrade to 3.0.3 preview 0.

missing menu.png