Search Unity

Progrids - 2d broken since 2019

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Ruskul, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Ruskul

Ruskul

Hello,

In 2018, you could download the procore asset progrids from the asset store. You could import a sprite, and so long as that sprite had it's origin set to a corner, and its pixels per meter as a multiple of it's size (for example you could create a 16x16 sprite and set it to 16 pixels per meter), you could use the rec transform tool to move and scale that sprite in a way that made intuitive sense. It snapped to the grid, scaled to the grid, etc, etc. Since 2019 that no longer works. Progrids always worked with 2d tools if you set the pixels per meter correctly, but now it does not and has not for the last year. What changed, and can it be changed back?

I hadn't upgraded unity all year so hadn't noticed this breaking change. If I use the preview progrids through the package manager, it definitely doesn't work. I remember being told when I bought the original progrids that it wouldn't quite work as expected with rectangle transforms, but I made it work so didn't pursue it as an issue. But if progrids won't work in 2d on purpose, that's pretty crappy.

Also, in 2d working mode, if you close the progrids window, you have to go to 3d view to see the tab to open it.