Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Progressive Lightmapper on non Static Objects

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by CDF, Feb 1, 2017.

1. CDF

CDF

Hi, Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here. But I'm getting different results on non static Objects when baking lights between Enlighten and the progressive lightmapper.

The sphere is non static. In Progressive bake it looks like the ambient skybox reflection replaces all light calculation. The sphere is using Default-Diffuse. But the same occurs on Default Standard.

progressive.jpg enlighten.jpg

2. CDF

CDF

I have to say the baked lighting and speed is amazing though. Awesome work.

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

You're not supposed to use it for dynamic objects. If you want to move the object after then you can, but for baking, it needs to be static.

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

I think he means that the base ambient light probe is not getting created with the progressive lightmapper.

I'm not in front of a computer right now, so can't confirm but it may as well be a bug.

5. Kuba

Kuba

Unity Technologies

@CDF,

In Enlighten you have the "Stationary Lighting Mode" set to "Shadowmask" and for the Progressive Lightmapper it's at "Baked Indirect". Unfortunately not all the lighting modes are properly supported in the Progressive Lightmapper just yet. Please mark your lights as "Static" (not "Stationary") until then.

All the lighting modes will be supported ASAP.

LeonhardP likes this.
  6. CDF

CDF

So only static/baked lighting is applied if using progressive lightmapper right now?

This seems to be the case for me. The only time dynamic objects receive any light is when the Directional light is set to dynamic. What I've got now is:

Create 2 Directional lights. Create 2 Layers (Static, Dynamic)
    Mark dynamic and static objects under the "Dynamic" and "Static" layers
    Assign culling mask to each Light type.
    Bake

I've attached a simple test project. If anyone can light the sphere using 1 directional light with baked lighting on the cube and plane (no dynamic shadows). You have won.

Attached Files:

7. kemalakay

kemalakay

Unity Technologies

Hey @CDF,

Thanks for the heads up. Not sure if I totally understand you but you can illuminate the dynamic sphere in your scene using light probes. Maybe that's what you are looking for? You can use light probe group to use baked lighting on your dynamic object and in addition to that, you can apply dynamic lighting. This will end up creating double exposure for your object though, and it will look brighter than baked objects. That's why mixed lighting modes are required however it's currently not supported. I'm attaching the modified version of your scene, hope that's what you were looking for?

Thanks

Attached Files:

8. CDF

CDF

Ahh I see. Thanks.

unityunity