Search Unity

Progressive Lightmapper: Material render job skipped - out of system memory.

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by gamer123454321, Aug 31, 2020.

1. gamer123454321

gamer123454321

Hi! When I try to bake lightmap I got a error message"Progressive Lightmapper: Material render job skipped - out of system memory." What happen? and how to fix it pls?

2. pci2020

pci2020

Have you fixed it? I have the same problem.

3. alesta8

alesta8

Same for me..

4. CryptoKitty42

CryptoKitty42

I have been able to fix it in 2020.3.1f, I fixed it on am Mac pro ( M1 chip );

My understanding it that it's an out of memory problem, you can fix it by freeing up some memory in your system.
    Close unnecessary applications that maybe open ( chrome, it was for me )

You may also want to first use lower resolution setting for baking lightmap.

MazeSoul likes this.
  5. akhileshrao

akhileshrao

Same issue here

6. driy3d

driy3d

Same issue on 2021.3.15f

7. JumpingGuy

JumpingGuy

Has anyone solved this? I was baking lights no problem in Unity 2020.3.12f and now I get the above error in 2020.3.42f

8. true_warlock

true_warlock

Its likely the Cache. You can see and try first by going to Edit => Preferences. In the Preferences window go to GI Cache Tab. And then click clean cache.

A lot of times, especially if you have imported other assets and content from other creators, their demos and prefabs may not have been properly optimized, and the shaders.light maps might be monstrous to put it nicely.

Its not your system memory per se but you might also not have a powerful enough graphics card that is used in the processing that can cause issues, which is why when closing other programs and such as web browsers it seems to help, but only a little.

One thing you can try also is create a backup of the scene and export it as a file to be re-imported later, then in the present one remove everything from the scenes (creating prefabs of the original layouts of course and unpack them later for editing further) and then in a new scene try and bake a scene each time you put in a game object (IE. ground, floors, walls, buildings, etc.)

Remove lighting and reflection probes. These eat up a lot. Also learn how to properly add LODs (Level of Detail) and avoid having an object with several parts have child LOD items) to items which helps reduce draw calls and latency, with reflection probes especially eating up a lot of memory

II would avoid adding reflection probes till after everything is baked as intended or using any Post Processing type effects.

Tedious, yes, but elimination of a lot more headaches and frustrations is worth the efforts.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
    predator2779_unity likes this.
  9. siddhiraj

siddhiraj

I have fixed.
    1. Go to Edit => Preferences. In the Preferences window go to GI Cache Tab. And then click clean cache.
    2. Close all applications.
    3. Close unity engine.
    4. And Open unity engine.

senpaikonami likes this.