Search Unity

Bug Progressive Lightmapper Crash

Discussion in 'Linux' started by dirkson, Apr 1, 2017.

1. dirkson

dirkson

Attempting to auto-generate or manually generate any scene with at least one static member with the Progressive Lightmapper results in Unity immediately crashing with a "CPU time limit exceeded" error. Editor.log's last line changes each time, and is usually lightmapper related. The bug has occurred for me 100% of the time over ~15 attempts, even on freshly created projects with a single static member.

I'm using 5.6.0.f1 on two separate computers. One computer is running Debian testing, the other is running Debian Stable. Both have nvidia graphics drivers. Bug happens on both.

Cheers!

Jed-Mayberry likes this.
  2. dirkson

dirkson

Issue still occurs in 5.6.0f3

3. Ninjaboi

Ninjaboi

Can confirm, this still happens in 5.6.0f3. Here's what my test revealed:
    Using Progressive Preview-

• Fresh scene with one cube ( dynamic ), one light ( real-time ), baking doesn't crash Unity.
    • Fresh scene with one cube ( static ), one light ( real-time ), baking doesn't crash Unity.
    • Fresh scene with one cube ( dynamic ), one light ( baked ), baking doesn't crash Unity.
    • Fresh scene with one cube ( static ), one light ( baked ), baking does crash Unity.
    http://imgur.com/a/XNNhZ
    That's a GIF of my editor crashing, and a screenshot of my Lighting settings.

dirkson likes this.
  4. dirkson

dirkson

Issue still occurs in 5.6.1f1

5. Tak

Tak

Can you file a bug report with a project that triggers the crash?

6. dirkson

dirkson

Ah! I wasn't aware that the forums weren't the correct method of reporting bugs. Can I get a link to the proper method of filing bugs?

I do see the "Issue Tracker" in the menu, but it doesn't appear to have any method of adding new issues exposed to me.

Cheers!

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  7. LukaKotar

LukaKotar

You can report bugs from the "help" menu in Unity ("Help ⇒ Report a Bug...").

8. dirkson

dirkson

Oh, interesting. I'd never think to look in the actual software I'm using to file a bug report on it. Shucks, what do you do when it crashes on run? Anyway, thanks Luka.

Report sent, Tak.

Cheers!

9. dirkson

dirkson

This bug still exists in Unity 2017.2.0f3 . It was acknowledged in an email, but I'm unsure if it ever showed up in the actual issue tracker.

10. PJayB

PJayB

Unity Technologies

11. dirkson

dirkson

This bug still exists in Unity 2017.3.0f1.

The issue tracker search box does not appear to work on Chrome 62.0.3202.89, 61.0.3163.100, or Firefox 57.0. I tried both signed in and signed out.

It appears that even Unity's bugs have bugs.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  12. PJayB

PJayB

Unity Technologies

13. dirkson

dirkson