Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Progressive lightmapper constantly rebaking, even with no scene changes in beta 11

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by Infrid, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Infrid

Infrid

Hey guys, in a couple of scenes (in fact, I think every scene in my project, now I mention it) the progressive light mapper goes back to the start and rebakes, over and over again - after exiting play mode, and sometimes for no reason at all.

Any advice on this? It's killing me - the enlighten lightmapper is a nightmare for my project (a couple of large scenes and it simply takes forever); but having the lightmapper re-run for no reason, when I don't change anything is gonna make me click back on elighten, and it's a bitch to go back from the wonderfulness of the progressive lightmapper.

Any workaround greatly appreciated!

2. kemalakay

kemalakay

Unity Technologies

Hey @Infrid

We haven't observed this behaviour before. Baking shouldn't restart when you exit play mode. Could you perhaps provide us one of your scenes where you experience this problem? Alternatively, you can also report it as a bug through the Bug Reporter in the editor and share the ID number here.

From your description, I assume you're using with Auto mode enabled. Please try disabling it and enter/exit play mode like that, that can be a temporary solution to your problem.

Thanks,
    QA Team

3. Infrid

Infrid

Thanks,

how does one turn off auto mode with the experimental light mapper?

4. Infrid

Infrid

found it - in other settings.