Search Unity

Looking For Project Programmer looking for a project / small tasks in game development to contribute

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by orchidev, Apr 8, 2021.

1. orchidev

orchidev

Hello dear community,

I’m a computer scientist who’s currently trying to make an old passion to his job, after realizing the area I’ve been working with in the past 5 years - software consulting - does not fill my health bar so much I thought it would.

During 2020 I realized I was a bit far from what I loved most: programming. To make a sort of “carrer change” I need to refresh all my “lost knowledge”… and that’s what I’m doing since I realized I need this change in my life. The most ideal thing would be if I could apply this to game development.

I've been working since one year with Unreal already and started getting familiar with Unity one month ago and I feel confident to help other people with my skills.

That’s why I’m here to offer you my current skillset and experience a few hours a week for a C# developer role.

Some information about me:
    I graduated in computer science back in 2015. Now I’m 30 years old and work as a full-time software consultant. I love tech, games, programming and all that geeky stuff and I’d love to take part in an actual development team where I can interact with and learn from other talented, open-minded people and maybe learn a bit from them :)

My skills:

• Solid OOP knowledge. Mainly C++ and Java, but C# isn't a big deal for me, since it's very similar to Java in many ways.
    • Java SE 6 certified programmer (if that counts in this area…)
    • Very good experience working with version control systems (Git)
    • Logically minded
    • As my current job suggests, I have a lot of experience managing the implementation and enhancement of different software. So I have a good idea of how software works. You know, games are nothing else but software :)
    • Great time management and leadership skills, as I’m working as a consultant full-time
    • Independent learner who can quickly understand everything in my areas of interest
    • Natural problem solver
    • Experience working in large teams from different countries and cultures
    • Fluent English, German and Portuguese
    • Basic Spanish

Portfolio:
    Although I’m not working as a developer professionally, I do have some games I wrote on my own in the last years. Check out my GitLab page below:

https://gitlab.com/lucasgiglio

Additionally, I have been working on some projects made with the Unreal Engine since last year and right now I have a very good idea how a game engine works.

Limitations:
    • I do want to take over a programmer role. That’s what my heart bets for now
    • I prefer to join an existing team with some developers, so that I can learn from them
    • I can't develop for VR/AR, since I don't have a headset.
    • I’m not good at drawing, although I’ve been playing around with Aseprite to create my 2D games lately.
    • My time zone is UTC+1 (Europe)
    • Currently available a few hours a week.

End notes:
    For me to take this step and come here to post this means I’m very committed on what I want to do. So preferably I’d like to find people who have fun at doing their job and take it serious at the same time.

Please PM me if you see I can help on your project. I’m looking forward to contribute!!
    Kind regards

ChiAkuma likes this.