Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Programmatic configuration of served ads.

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Meatloaf4, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Meatloaf4

Meatloaf4

I've recently been hit with an android app update rejection due to the ad content I'm serving my players alongside not having a skippable ad button.

My issue stems from the fact that I have a pretty modest Ad strategy (watching an ad unlocks a level) so I'm trying to serve appropriate ads based on the neutral age gate setting entered. Currently it looks like Unity will not allow this. I believe I have to serve ads based on the lowest targeted audience.

Another issue I'm having is that I would really like some sort of a window to appear if a players try to skip the ad before it is over saying "You will lose your reward" presenting some sort of confirm or cancel options.

In general I'm just finding Unity Ads lacks a lot of these configuration options which means I might have to move to a different Ad provider given my circumstances. I really would like to continue utilizing Unity, but given my constraints and the lack of these features I'm not sure that will be an option.

Any insight here would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance!

P.S. Here is a post also related to the skippable video ad feature https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-skip-button-popup.822615/

2. Meatloaf4

Meatloaf4

Hey guys it looks like this question may have slipped through the cracks, was wondering if I could get some info on the above.

Thanks in advance!

3. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

I'm sorry to hear you received an app rejection related to the ads in your game.

Regarding the skippable ad button, if this is necessary for your app, you can configure your placements as Interstitial in your dashboard. This will allow a skip button to appear after some amount of time. This is 5 seconds by default, but it is adjustable in your placement settings.

Yeah, currently our ad filters are per project, not per player. So you can determine the ad categories that are appropriate for your app in the dashboard, but those same settings are applied to all users.

This is a feature we've had requested before, but it is not currently on the roadmap.

I appreciate the feedback and will pass it along to our Product Management team.

4. Meatloaf4

Meatloaf4

Thanks so much for the reply!