Search Unity

ProFlares - Ultimate Lens Flares for Unity3D [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ProFlares, Nov 3, 2013.

1. pixelhunters

pixelhunters

Hi,
    we bought this Pro Flares package from the asset-store for using it in our game, but after importing it into our scene its not working with the HDRP settings of our game scene. We cant see any lens-flare in our scene and it is also effecting our HDRP settings in the scene. now, we are in the middle of nowhere. So, could you provide us any solution for this problem that how are we gonna use this Pro-flare package within our HDRP scene. And im using unity version 2019.1.6 on windows.im waiting for the response.

Thanks.

2. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

I'm not the author, but I can answer your question:
    Scriptable render pipelines aren't supported currently.
    Don't expect any asset in the store to be compatible with the new scriptable render pipelines (URP, LWRP, HDRP) unless it's clearly specified as a feature in the description.
    I don't know if you are aware of it, but Unity right now is in the middle of a massive change of render pipelines and it's breaking compatibility with everything in the store.
    If you want compatibility with assets in the store, stick with the built-in renderers: Forward or Deferred
    Even if Unity says URP and HDRP are "production ready", it will take a lot of time for them to be actually supported in the store.

hopeful likes this.
  3. hdxpmc

hdxpmc

Hello,
    We have bought Proflares, and set up on main camera, drag prefab to scene. It run very well.

At runtime we instantiate prefab by scripts, nothing appear. How to add flare to scene at runtime with script ?

Best regards

4. ProFlares

ProFlares

Hi,

I'm glad to here your enjoying ProFlares.

ProFlares should automatically add new flares to a preexisting ProFlareBatch that uses the same atlas. If for some reason it has missed the creation of your flare instance you can call the public function "ForceRefresh' on the ProFlareBatch in your scene. This will recreate the required connections.

A general recommendation if you need to create and delete flare's often is to create a pool of them and reuse them when needed, instead of instantiating a new one every time.

David.

atomicjoe likes this.
  5. hdxpmc

hdxpmc

Thank you for replying

We also must reset the _Atlas to current in ProFlareBatch batch and call ForceRefresh (We use addressable system for prefab, may be it link Mega Atlas different). Now it load well

Best regards,

6. pssaravanan

pssaravanan

Hi,

I have already using Post processing stack in my project (Unity3D 2019.1) and running multiple monitors. Can I use ProFlares in my project.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  7. rasto61

rasto61

8. hdxpmc

hdxpmc

Hello,
    ProFlare is so great.
    How to add noise/dust animation effect ?

9. iDerp69

iDerp69

I just bought ProFlares and it at least doesn't interfere with the Post Processing stack. Depth of field does not work with it, neither does motion blur. Overall though, it blends well and would still recommend it if you intend to use the Post Processing Stack.

The effect it produces is quite beautiful, and it compliments Aura 2 quite well. I can't for the love of me figure out how the "sun mode" is supposed to work though as the documentation on it is nonexistent.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    SidneyLG and atomicjoe like this.
  10. Nihil688

Nihil688

Thinking of buying too, is this going to be updated and supported?

11. ProFlares

ProFlares

Hey! yeah I'm still proving support. Email is the best way for me to keep track of issues.

I have an update ready, I'm just doing some final testing, also looking to use some quarantine time to put together some new videos to explain some of the newer features and common sticking points.

David.

12. nukeD

nukeD

That's amazing thanks man!

13. Freznosis

Freznosis

Does anyone know how to get ProFlare's working when your camera is a prefab? I spawn in my camera at the beginning of the game and it always throws an error for missing shader because of it.

14. ph_

ph_

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    tspk91 likes this.
  15. wx3labs

wx3labs

I'm having trouble getting Proflares to work with URP. The only camera that renders is the proflares camera. This is an empty project with just Proflares and URP added.

I can get the game cameras to render by changing priority, but then the flares disappear.

The following is from one of the demo scenes (replaced the textures with a default urp texture):

Attached Files:

16. Freznosis

Freznosis

17. zKici

zKici

18. zKici

zKici

I've received no response from the developer. He is no stranger at abandoning the asset ... that's unfortunate

19. ProFlares

ProFlares

Hi zKici,

Sorry you feel you haven't been supported, but we have had multiple email conversations starting back in 2018 through to 2019. I always try and respond to email support request as soon as possible.

To the question in your email, about warnings about obsolete undo commands, in a version of the editor that was released after ProFlares last update. You can comment out that section of code if they are just annoying, as they won't effect the runtime function of ProFlares. This will be address in any future updates but I can't give you a time line for that.

David.

20. zKici

zKici

Initial email was sent out on Oct 21st, any response would have sufficed

Anyhow, thanks for responding here at least.

21. iceb_

iceb_

any chance of having this asset being HDRP soon?

22. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

I just bought it and its working great, I use URP and upgraded the materials with the integrated converter and used an overlay camera for the flares. This is all working great.

I have one request, can you make the pixel based occlusion that is in beta also compatible with URP?

Thank you

nukeD likes this.
  23. Migueljb

Migueljb

Does this work on android for oculus quest 2 in multiview rendering?

24. Avedis

Avedis

Hi, I can't seem to get proflares to work with VR, is this due to the flare camera using orthographic rendering which isn't supported by XR?

25. zKici

zKici

Last update: Feb 17, 2019
    I'm surprised its not deprecated yet.

26. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

It works perfectly well, so why the constant need for updates for the sake of updates?

atomicjoe likes this.
  27. Avedis

Avedis

Nobody does updates for the sake of updates...there are things in the asset that do not work, like XR/VR compatibility, which is not indicated in the asset description and no replies from the publisher.

28. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

I'm curious as how something like a lens-flare would work on VR, given that it's a completely 2D effect that only happens on camera optics. Even if it worked, it would look flat and weird on VR, not only because it's a camera only effect, but because it uses flat images without any depth to simulate it.
    I'm all for weird things, but I don't see this working great.

29. Avedis

Avedis

I use a TON of sprites and flat images (include particles) in VR. Depth in VR is created/faked by the distortion of the lenses and cameras used in VR not by whether objects have 3D geometry or not. UI objects in VR have no depth for instance.

30. JJunior

JJunior

Hi guys, I just bought the proflares and I am not getting how to setup it on sun directional light... I set the sun mode but I can see the flares under the horizon line, is there any way to make it work as sun flare in a directional light? The sun demo scene is not working, maybe my layers are messed up, idk. I cant understand why this is so difficult or do not have any video or documentation explaining this. I believe most of people that buys it wants to use it as a sunflare in a directional light :S

31. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

If you open the demo scene in an empty project is it working?