Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Profiling WebGL results in a site crash

Discussion in 'Web' started by Sir-Thorgeir, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Sir-Thorgeir

Sir-Thorgeir

Hi everyone,

I am running into a issue when I profile WebGL content with the Unity Profiler. The website gets completely unresponsive after an arbitrary number of seconds, without giving a error or warning. I usually have to force quit the browser with the Task Manager.

I am using Unity 5.3.1f1 on Windows 10 and have tested it on both Chrome and Firefox.

Is anyone experiencing the same thing or have figured out what might be happening?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  2. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

We have seen this sometimes. Does this occur with a simple/empty project as well ?

3. Zeromatter44

Zeromatter44

I do get the same error (for WebGL) on Chrome and Firefox. Both browsers will provide several seconds worth of profiling data, and then I get a popup saying the script is unresponsive and asking if I want to wait or kill it.

I am using Chrome 48.0.2564.97 m and Firefox 44.0.

On Chrome, selecting "wait" has no effect--no other profiling data is given. On Firefox, selecting "wait" will, after several seconds, resume running of the program and return profiling information. However, it'll eventually pop up again maybe a minute or so.

This behavior is consistent in both my project and an empty project. I should also add that building the same project (both empty and "full") as a release build doesn't give any errors.

Do you know if there's a setting, or some quirk that needs to be met in order to get this to work?