Search Unity

Profiling the quest

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AdaluteGames, Sep 3, 2019.

1. AdaluteGames

AdaluteGames

I am using the Windows>Analysis>Profiler in unity. I have the IP address of my Quest headset. Maybe im setting something up wrong . Or maybe Im reading the profiler wrong. In my scene I have 4 meshes and the ovr camera . 3 meshes are using 1 unlit mat and 1 texture, 1 mesh has its own unlit mat and texture. I am not sure why im getting Textures: 28/77mb..............theres no way in the world those 2 textures are 77mb. So am I reading this wrong?

Attached Files:

2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    The first number: 28, is the count of Textures in memory so apparently, there are way more Textures in Memory than you expected to find there. Some of the Textures could be Render Textures for Post effects and maybe the stereoscopic rendering is achieved through Render Textures? I don't know enough about VR to tell with certainty.

To see more details on what Textures are loaded in memory and why, you should take a memory snapshot in the new Memory Profiler and see if that lifts the mystery. If you have any questions regarding that tool, there's also a Sub-Forum dedicated to the newer Profiler tools that might have already contain an answer.