Search Unity

Bug Profiler showing 0 draw calls and 0 set pass calls for older version of unity scene

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Joyal_RedDevil, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Joyal_RedDevil

Joyal_RedDevil

We recently updated our project from unity verison 2021.3.3f1 to 2021.3.13f1 but our older scenes when checking in the profiler are showing 0 draw calls and 0 set pass calls , it sometimes gives a spike for render and shoes the correct data . if we create a new scene in unity it is showing the render data on the profiler correctly . Can someone have any idea why this issue is happening and how to fix this . our game is for the mobile platforms so optimizing this data is really crucial for our development

Attached Files:

2. alexeyzakharov

alexeyzakharov

Hi, what does Stats overlay show to you?
    I can see that some stats (memory, buffers, etc) are non zero - could it be that the frame was not rendered?
    If not - more likely it is the stats synchronization bug.

3. algieclever

algieclever

I am getting same issue. Is there a solution. Unity version is 2021.3.18f1

4. Farl_Lee

Farl_Lee

In Unity 2021.3, I faced the same issue where the Rendering section showed a lot of frame is 0 draw calls while the Stats FPS remained stable.
    After investigating, I found that setting "Application.targetFramerate = 60;" was the culprit. Although it might be considered a bug, I resolved the problem by avoiding the execution of "targetFramerate" within the editor.

5. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

@Farl_Lee and @algieclever
    Could either or both of you please file a bug report? The stats should not show 0 for such reasons and the workaround should not be necessary. Unless there is a bug ticket filed for it, the chances of this changing for good are pretty slim.