Search Unity

Profiler Lag with unity 2017.1(Only Build)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by YaserDev, Sep 23, 2017.

1. YaserDev

YaserDev

Hello.
    I have been facing a problem with the unity profiler since updating unity to 2017.1.0 version.
    When I create a standalone-windows development build and connect it to the profiler, then hit record on the profiler, and start to play the game in the build, I get occasional lag spikes in the game along with glitches and stuttering of the audio, those lag spikes are only present when the profiler is recording, which makes it hard to diagnose performance issues with the standalone-build because I can't pinpoint normal lag spikes and performance problems( those which are not caused by the profiler), from the spikes caused by the profiler.
    And when I check the lag spikes in the profiler, they are mostly in the form of GFX.WaitForPresent.
    Also, I can't use the profiler with the play mode in the editor because, as you all probably know, it causes a lot of overhead in the editor.
    Has anyone faced a similar problem? maybe it's not really related to 2017.1 version but I haven't noticed it till now?
    I have searched on the unity Q&A and forums but haven't found a similar problem yet.
    Thanks

2. popugames

popugames

I have the same problem in 2017.3.0f3.
    in play mode i have big lag.

3. YaserDev

YaserDev

Can you explain more about the lag you're facing?

4. popugames

popugames

While exploring the scene it goes with interruptions. in mod Play it's the same. When i use the ArowKeys Lag Lag Lag

5. popugames

popugames

I found a permanent solution :)

Simply by going to properties and copy pasting the command -force-opengl at the end of the Target it becomes permanent and every time I open Unity the normal way (Double clicking on the icon) it runs perfectly fine

Attached Files:

6. YaserDev

YaserDev

Glad you found a solution to your problem, but the lag I've encountered is different.

7. YaserDev

YaserDev

I'm still facing this same issue and I can't profile my game.
    Again, the problem is: When I use the profiler with a debug build version running on a standalone Windows 10, I get glitches in the audio in the game and more intermittent lag that is not there when the profiler is not recording.
    My game already lags when the profiler is not active(in the build), so I want to optimize the performance but I need to use the profiler first, but when I use the profiler, much more intermittent lag shows up and I can't distinguish between the original lag and the lag with the profiler.
    I would appreciate any kind of help, thanks.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018