Search Unity

1. Dismiss Notice
  2. All Pro and Enterprise subscribers: find helpful & inspiring creative, tech, and business know-how in the new Unity Success Hub. Sign in to stay up to date.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Profiler is showing VSync even when it is disabled in the settings

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by tanmaykulkarni, Apr 28, 2021.

1. tanmaykulkarni

tanmaykulkarni

Heyy, I saw the profiler to analyze the scene and I found that the VSync activities are consuming a lot of resources, then I checked my quality settings and saw it is Disabled. How do I fix this?

Here's a image of my settings: Screenshot (229).png

Profiler:
    Screenshot (228).png

2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    The game view has its own VSync toggle in the resolution/aspect ratio menu.

3. tanmaykulkarni

tanmaykulkarni

That's already turned off

4. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Do you have any code in your project that sets QualitySettings-vSyncCount to something other than 0?
    Also, which Unity Version is this happening with, and is this, as I've assumed, happening while profiling Playmode or (also) when profiling on device and if so, which platform? Also, what target platform did you set in your Build Dialog?

5. tanmaykulkarni

tanmaykulkarni

Hii, no I didnt had any script changing VSync. It was maybe a bug. The profiler was showing VSync since 2 days, now, on third day it automatically erased from profiler. Should I report a bug?

6. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

if it's no longer there, I guess there is little use in a bug report. Maybe something got stuck in the pipes somewhere? Might be worth a bug report if it comes back.

unityunity