Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

"Profiler is only supported in Unity Pro"

Discussion in 'Android' started by returnString, Sep 3, 2012.

1. returnString

returnString

This is a very weird error that's cropped up recently in my Android builds. This is seemingly being logged as an error every frame with on-device builds, but I can't repro it at all in the editor. I'm using Android Basic, I don't have any Pro licences and frankly I wouldn't even know how to enable the profiler if I could :D

Here's the message in DDMS:

And my hacky on-device log:

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

Potentially you are using code (or a middleware that does) that calls Profiler.BeginXXX and alike in which case you would get to see the error too as these functions rely on the pro only profiler.

3. returnString

returnString

I see. Strange, as I'm not using any external code aside from Aron Granberg's A* pathfinding, and I used the pathfinding for quite a while without this error appearing. I suppose I can just bisect my repo and work out where this started...

unityunity