Search Unity

profiler for the quest

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by AdaluteGames, Sep 1, 2019.

1. AdaluteGames

AdaluteGames

Does anyone know how to profile a Quest build? LIke being able to build to the quest and run the profiler to check on performance.

2. AdaluteGames

AdaluteGames

I was able to profile for the quest by getting my ip address of the headset and then using the unity profiler and putting that address it in .So when i played the game in the quest and put my ip address in the profile it was able to give me the instant feedback.

3. AdaluteGames

AdaluteGames

but my issue is the readings that im getting. It says i have textu arggggg.JPG res 45/329 mb........not sure where its coming from, when i click on the autoconnect player in the profiler it says its connected to my ip address. but in my scene there is no way in the world i have 329mb, all i have is 1 ovr player and 4 models in my scene......so i dont know how to figure this out

4. AdaluteGames

AdaluteGames

so after getting more frustrated i started a new project to just test some thing with the unity profiler. i started deleting all the textures and materials i could and for some odd reason it says i have over 400 textures....maybe im reading this graph wrong.....i filtered out by textures and it looks to be about 30...because unity wont let me delete those. so does anyone have a suggestion? am i reading this wrong? my goal is to learn and understand this profiler so i know exactly whats in my build and in my project. whatisunitydoing.png

5. AdaluteGames

AdaluteGames

not sure if anyone is looking at this...... so im using the memory profiler and im getting these odd texture things..not sure what they heck they are. rtdeviceeyetexture.png