Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Profiler chart component

Discussion in 'Profiler Previews' started by goldbug, Sep 22, 2019.

1. goldbug

goldbug

I am making a network profiler for Mirror, I want to have a chart like you have it in Unity's profiler.

I found the source code for said chart here:
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologi.../master/Modules/ProfilerEditor/ProfilerWindow

but the chart component is internal so I can't access it. I would copy the chart code in my project, but that would seem to violate the license.

Would it be possible to get the chart component under MIT license?

tigerleapgorge likes this.
  2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Thank you for expressing your interest in this. We appreciate the feedback that having more access to this would be of interest to you. To better capture you're feedback, could you maybe answer these Questions?

What is the problem you would like to see solved?

Does your Profiler have a "frame" concept and what is the definition of "frame" that it uses?
    (Charts currently plot data over a series of frames that are corresponding to the main thread frame)

Are you looking at having one or many charts?

What kind of data and units would you be tracking?

How are you collecting and tracking the data?

3. goldbug

goldbug

Mirror is a fork of HLAPI. But since it does not use LLAPI, the built in profiler does not work. I want to make a profiler tool that shows me how many messages were sent and received for every frame.

Here is a mockup of what I am trying to make:

So far I collect the data from Mirror. I have the table done and working. I am trying to make the chart on top. The chart should look more or less the same as the CPU profiler chart. The user would click on a frame and the table below would display all the messages that went in and out.

4. goldbug

goldbug

Anything else you need @MartinTilo ? is it possible to get a more liberally licensed copy of that code?

5. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Thank you for your detailed information. I've added your feedback to our backlog. I sadly can't provide any ETA though.

6. goldbug

goldbug

This is taking forever. I ended up writing my own.